Dice Devils GC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

list options and force org restrictions TEAM YANKEE

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

list options and force org restrictions TEAM YANKEE - Page 2 Empty Re: list options and force org restrictions TEAM YANKEE

Post  Twinlinked Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:36 pm

Matt Varnish wrote:.50s in TY are range 20, 3 shots and have AT5.

Im pretty sure they count as a platoon when killed VP-wise, but know for sure they deploy as one platoon with their infantry (bcs I was incredulous that this is the case when I asked on the TY forums..) as well as counting as one for Reserves.

How close do they have to be deployed to each other?

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

list options and force org restrictions TEAM YANKEE - Page 2 Empty Re: list options and force org restrictions TEAM YANKEE

Post  lothlann Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:49 pm

maybe me, i was thinking west germans from the start, but we have a lot of nato so was thinking of doing something warsaw pact.
lothlann
lothlann

http://dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CA$H Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:13 pm

Twinlinked wrote:
Matt Varnish wrote:.50s in TY are range 20, 3 shots and have AT5.

Im pretty sure they count as a platoon when killed VP-wise, but know for sure they deploy as one platoon with their infantry (bcs I was incredulous that this is the case when I asked on the TY forums..) as well as counting as one for Reserves.

How close do they have to be deployed to each other?

A.
Regular deployment rules- within 6" of the unit Leader

As for who - maybe someone else also Wink
CA$H
CA$H

http://www.dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:36 pm

cool, west germans are great,

I am sticking with one faction in TY for a while though, still not sure how much legs the game has,

regarding deployment I don't think 6 inches from the unit leader works.. there is a unit leader for the infantry and another leader for the transports.

maybe the two unit leaders have to be within 6 inches of each other, that would work I guess

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  CA$H Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:12 pm

5 minutes with the actual rulebook makes its pretty clear:

Transport units:

"Although purchased as part of an Infantry Unit, the transports operate as a separate Tank Unit" - pg22 (small rulebook)

Deployment (pg 75) :

"You must place all of a Unit's Teams within 6"/15cm of the unit Leader. A Unit with at least 8 Tank Teams or at least 12 Teams into total increases this distance to within 8"/20cm of the Unit Leader"

So since transports are separate Tank Units, they have to deploy within 6" of their Unit Leader (unless you have 12 Transport Teams).

However:

Also Pg 75
"A Transport or Infantry Unit Attachment deploys at the same time, but separately from its core Unit. They may be placed together or separately. The passengers may be mounted or dismounted"

So there we go. Transport Units are Tank Units, and deploy at the same time as their "core unit" - ie the infantry - but can be placed anywhere allowed as long as they follow the Tank Unit deployment requirements. 

Simple :p
CA$H
CA$H

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:41 pm

perfect,

thanks for looking it up,

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:43 pm

Matt Varnish wrote:

Den does this contradict the rule that Tristan just posted, or is it something else?

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  CA$H Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:52 pm

I just quoted the rule book.
CA$H
CA$H

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:00 pm

CA$H wrote:I just quoted the rule book.

yeah I am wondering what more the TY forum could have added,

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:29 pm

Twinlinked wrote:
Matt Varnish wrote:

Den does this contradict the rule that Tristan just posted, or is it something else?

A.

When I said "deploy with" I meant at same time, not next to one another. In completely unrelated news, I have my other ten BMPs, and they are assembled as BMP-1Ps Smile B1MP my Ride.

Learned something else today though.. in assault, when you 'break off' you move at Dash speed until you are outside of 4 inches of enemy teams. So for tanks, this means not backing up like we are used to for Flames, but having your ass-end facing any integral AT weapons of the infantry you just assaulted (since you face in the direction of travel, which is away from the enemy unit). Ofc, since M1s are immune to everything so far in assaults, they won;t care.. Smile

Last edited by Matt Varnish on Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:30 pm

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification,

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  CA$H Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:53 pm

M1s are immune? To what?
CA$H
CA$H

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:59 pm

Immune to assaults (virtually).   Their side armor is 16 to HEAT weapons.  The current best HtH weapon is AT17, but hits on 6s.   Its the one tank I can;t really bum-rush my Motor Rifles up against.   All I can do is hope you lose the Counter-Attack roll and have to fall-back Smile
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:02 pm

What is the side armour of Chieftains against HEAT? Leo2 are 16 against heat same as M1s

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:20 am

Well a leo2 is basically an elven M1.. its the same except better haha. Chieftain side srmour v HEAT I think is 14. T-72 is 13. We haven't really had to face any assaulting so should be interesting to see when I field both motor companies together for the first time. I have an interesting tankless list for friday.. 73 points
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitch Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:54 am

M1 Abram's have Chobham armour, so they have 16 side armour against HEAT

Leo2's have Chobham armour, so they have 16 side armour against HEAT

Leo1's have Bazooka Skirts, so they have 10 side armour against HEAT

Chieftains have Bazooka Skirts, so they get 10 side armour against HEAT

T-72's have BDD Armour, so get 13 side armour against HEAT

T-55AM2's have have Bazooka Skirts, so they get 10 side armour against HEAT

As far as I am aware, no transports or transport equivalents have any special armour.
Glitch
Glitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:08 am

Thanks for the breakdown Kevin,

I was looking at at the Leo 1 unit, it interesting, they have front 9, but 10 against HEAT, pretty cool most HEAT I've seen is AT 16+, so it does mean much, but cool that the special armour modifies the front too,

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  CA$H Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:13 am

Matt Varnish wrote:  I have an interesting tankless list for friday.. 73 points

So Andrew's list, except Russian?

What a Face
CA$H
CA$H

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:27 am

My list has tanks..

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:34 am

Well tonite i just need to apply decals to my hinds and secong unit of t72s. Maybe spray bomb the bmp1s. So i was checking fowlists and came up with a list that uses all the support and aircraft i have.. and 2 motor rifles.. if fdb would ever get my shilkas in.. would be 75pts not 73 lol. Another variant has tanks.and.no infantry.. except for an airlanding section. We'll see how much ingwt done tonite
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:01 pm

I think infantry is key, being able to dig in an infantry platoon an obj seems like a must, especially since you never know if you will be attacking or Defending,

Looking forward to more gaming Friday!

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2