Dice Devils GC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TY +1 to top armour over 16 inches

5 posters

Go down

TY +1 to top armour over 16 inches Empty TY +1 to top armour over 16 inches

Post  Twinlinked Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:57 pm

issue, RAW units get +1 to top armour if firing battery is more then 16 inches away

question, is it supposed to be this way or is it just an oversight

Posted By Phil at Battlefront on 23 Feb 2017 02:42 PM
It doesn't apply. Not the clearest thing in the rules though .

Cheers

All cleared up

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

TY +1 to top armour over 16 inches Empty Re: TY +1 to top armour over 16 inches

Post  Matt Varnish Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:39 pm

I think maybe I have to step away from these forums.  Every time I read them, its just more and more stupid.  Why can;t I just be positive about a game system, and not have to read about all the powergaming horseshit and/or negativity? If i want that I'd read the old gamesummit forums

Whats next, +1 to aircraft saves if over 16 inches Andrew?
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRescue Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:44 pm

Too much reading into rules I guess is my problem too sometimes. Should work like this but actually works like that. I don't get much from reading, I see it differently every time. Takes a lot of repetition for me to catch on.
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:49 pm

actually it is really good,

the TY book says that you follow the regular shooting rules when resolving armour pens from arty,

the regular rules say add +1 if the shot is coming from more then 16 inches away,

so RAW top Armour 1 becomes top armour 2 if the firing battery is far away from the tank.

no one was arguing that you should get +1, and many people brought up point about the physics and real life, but RAW was perfectly clear that you got the +1, and a new player to the game who had not played FoW before would be adding +1 or maybe thinking arty was worse then it was..

now Phil clarified, and hopefully it will end up in FM101

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  CA$H Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:09 pm

All I see is a clarification here - no negativity. I personally think it's good to have open discussion, but that's not always everyone's preference, and that's ok.

I'm giving the game a chance, hell, I'm hugely invested so why wouldn't I. What I don't do is blindly pretend something is flawless(myself included - lol) - I wasn't keen on TY when I saw the early gameplay, you all know that - now I'm hundreds of dollars in and many games played and really liking it....

Just because it's "new" doesn't mean it's "better" - I think we have solid common ground there. If that weren't the case, Duane would still be playing chaos space marines I think ;p

I will refrain personally from linking critique articles or quoting going forward, as it seems to not be well received by some. My intent is to encourage discussion, not drive people off. If anyone feels I have slighted their views on a game system or hobby I apologize - it was never my intent. I hope the boards remain a positive force in the group.
CA$H
CA$H

http://www.dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:40 am

nah man.. this is a case of 'its not you, its me" Tris.. Smile

guess I was not digging them Negative Waves:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Got a lot of shit going on on all fronts, and getting frustrated by not just one person on these (and BF, and WWPD, and comments on my vids) was making me enjoy less the one thing I get to enjoy amongst all the BS.   I'll still be at FNF ...

Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:29 am

V3 to V4 FoW is a huge change compared to V2 to V3 FoW so for sure there will be people who are negative, but I think it will be fine after the new rules are out and propel get used to it,

I think TY is great, even if it has its quirks, I'm hoping to play more so games can be faster,

What I dont like on some of the forums is the negativity or closed mindedness discussion is great, but people not being able to separate a game from reality can be frustrating.

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:18 pm

i can bring v1 rules if you like, give that a go vs v4. could do a review off all the versions and the big changes in each one, then compare that to v3 to v4 when it comes out.
lothlann
lothlann

http://dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down