Dice Devils GC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Div Cav (For matty)

3 posters

Go down

Div Cav (For matty) Empty Div Cav (For matty)

Post  Matt Varnish Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:10 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Remember my old Moral Victory if my british were holding the town??

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Div Cav (For matty) Empty Re: Div Cav (For matty)

Post  lothlann Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:49 am

That is pretty cool that they put in the +1 vp for holding a building and that you use to do that lol. Not sure why they put 1+ instead of +1 vp, seems weird wording.

So they took all the rules out of the list, then made cards to reintroduce them... like portees, panzerknackers, all the old tiger skills, warriors, ect. ya i think im done with fow, may as well put in a die roll on terrain to see what effects it has... you enter a forest, you rolled a 1, your tank platoon gets caught up in a magical storm and they all take a at5 shot on their rear armour...

its a neat idea, but its rules that use to be in the book, now you have to buy the cards, for each army, for each book. 5 usd for 36 cards fyi.

They are optional, but it looks like its the only way to have panzerknackers in your units, so i wonder what the eastern front will be like.
lothlann
lothlann

http://dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:17 am

We heard it from a good source at Cold Wars that at first, they honestly were going to leave the Brit and DAK lists as-is until common sense (and the internet complaining about it) kicked in, the cards were a last minute thing. Its weird.. it reminds me of the old school WFB editions where you had magic items and spell cards... Not sure if the Panzer Knacker card is worth the points as a one shot weapon, but being able to turn my 6lbrs into portees is cool for me. I really want to see the LRDG as a 'force org' card though..
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:31 am

i just wonder if its going to be like previous editions, once the eastern front books comes out africa books become useless, well for germans at least. So far its pushing me more towards battlegroup, if the rules are any good, i bought all the cards for all the armies so we can just photo copy them if others want to try it.
lothlann
lothlann

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRescue Sat May 20, 2017 6:00 am

That's the best way. I won't be buying them, I think Army cards are a great idea, but the one use specialized cards are dumb as hell.
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Sat May 20, 2017 9:29 am

The cards is the only way to play certain lists, like doing a german recon list, which use to be a standard list, or having portee weapons for brits.
lothlann
lothlann

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down