Dice Devils GC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

team yankee artillery

3 posters

Go down

team yankee artillery Empty team yankee artillery

Post  lothlann Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:35 pm

couple quick questions about team yankee rules and artillery, can't find them in the forum or faq.

If a commander joins the unit they can use his skill to range in as long as they are the observer? (obviously if another unit observers for the range in they use the lowest score as normal.)

Same situation but the commander that has joined the unit is the observer, they are using his skill 3+ and his still is 3+ so it stays at 3+ for the unit skill?

Just seeing if it's worth buying some artillery.
lothlann
lothlann

http://dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

team yankee artillery Empty Re: team yankee artillery

Post  Matt Varnish Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:00 pm

Not sure.. i know in TY the observer gets you +1 whereas in flames v4 it does nothing except spot. I think in TY you tske the worst of the skills if an HQ joins but better if its an observer
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:43 am

Not 100% sure, i would have to look a the rules, i think you use the worst skill and get plus one if the are a dedicated observer team,

That said, if the HQ joins the unit, the units skill would now be the same as the commanders, so i guess their skill would be 3+

it is no different then a soviet tank commander joining a unit so they can blitz on a 3+..

on a side note, in TY if the HQ joins a Unit to make their moral better and they still fail the HQ leaves the table too unlike in Mid War.. made that mistake at the tourney this weekend, my opponent was nice enough to let me keep the HQ since i got confused with MidWar.. lol but the HQ was shot dead the next turn anyway.. the dice gods will be satisfied..

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:58 am

What in mid war the hq doesn't leave if they join a unit that fails moral using his stats? that a complete change from v3.

I'm not using an observer, what my idea is: Put my HQ on a hill with the artillery behind and have a unit of infantry with him, so on your turn he can join the infantry if he needs to hide, and on my turn give his 3+ skill to the artillery to range in and spots for them.

Ranging in is one of there biggest problem with artillery, ranging in on 2nd or 3rd attempt. My afgantsy hq has skill 3+ not 4+ like regular guys, so my artillery goes from skill 5+ to 3+ instead of just 4+ from observer or hq.
lothlann
lothlann

http://dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:21 am

sounds legit to me, beside you need an HQ you dont need an obs so that saves you a point,

in MW if if the HQ is 6" away or less a unit can re roll its last Stand, Moral, Counterattack, or Remount. the HQ doe not need to join to give he re-roll so the HQ doesn't leave the table if the unit breaks. Not the same in TY so i got confused cause there is no re roll in TY so i thought giving the stats worked the same way.. doesn't..

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:00 pm

Midwar: the HQ can join a unit in some cases.. when he is shot at or wants to add in assault. Its the whole HQ unit that joins.. so a crusader hq unit of 4 tanks can join another 3 tanks in assault. But yeah.. for the rerolls.. the HQ just needs to be within 6 of the unit leader who failed the roll
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down