Dice Devils GC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Early War Extravaganza: Blitzkrieg Escalation League

2 posters

Go down

Early War Extravaganza:  Blitzkrieg Escalation League Empty Early War Extravaganza: Blitzkrieg Escalation League

Post  Matt Varnish Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:55 pm

Early War Campaign “BlitzKrieg”

What: Escalation league style campaign to get folks into their EW-era armies. Finally we can see France and Poland fielded, and armies like Italy actually do alright!

Who: Anyone can play, whether you are in Trenton, Ottawa or Petawawa. Just get games in, which is the whole point.

When: April 23rd to May 27th , 600 points (only 1 combat platoon needed)
May28th to June 17rd, 900 points
June 18th to July 8th, 1200 points
July 9th to July 29th, 1500 points
You will note this is 3 weeks at each points level, however I have made the first leg longer for those on exercise in Petawawa.

How it is going to work.

Each player will play Early War games at the appropriate point levels, and use standard tournament scoring from v3 of course. Any EW book can be used, we are not limiting to one region. Raiding forces from Burning Empires CAN be used, so long as they are not the Mid War lists. You can play blue on blue if you have to, but I will keep track of nation wins as well. Unfortunately, the Pre-BK Soviet playtest list will not be used, it is too old, and was derived from 1st edition.

Each player will submit scores to me, to mattvarnish@ gmail.com or robertmcbride909@ gmail.com post on the GameSummit Forums in the Flames of War section. The loser of the game will get +1 point if they provide a quick little batrep or synopsis, in order to generate some AARs out of the deal.

I will, at the end of each week, post the standings, and link the batreps, photos, what have you for everyone’s enjoyment. I will also show the current national standings, which will be percentage based, IE if one guy is playing Poland and has 10 points total, this is worth more than Germans having 12 points total, but with 4 guys among them.

At the end of each 3 week points tier, the average score for each player will be shown and posted. Tie breakers go to more games played. This is to discourage someone getting their 3 x 6-1 wins and never playing again. *Will probably take best 3 scores or some such, tweaks still*

There won’t be any fancy maps or territory, I am notoriously bad at organizing things like this, so I want to keep my first one manageable. I feel we can try that in LW with the number of campaign boxsets given away as prizes in the past year, Market Garden will work best.

In Ottawa anyways, I plan on having a Total Battle style game (v2 book) for the countries. Other areas can do what they like, but it would be cool if at some point we could all get together at the end.

I will have prizes for best general, best presentation (this is from pics, cool write ups, whatever) which will be voted by the players, and then the best nation. Might do more, like “Most assaults”, Most Armour saves, assuming stuff like this is mentioned in the AAR’s.
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Early War Extravaganza:  Blitzkrieg Escalation League Empty Re: Early War Extravaganza: Blitzkrieg Escalation League

Post  gahris Wed May 16, 2012 11:01 pm

I wouldn't mind getting in an early war game at 600pts

gahris

Back to top Go down