Dice Devils GC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nachtjäger

+3
Matt Varnish
Panzerkommanduer
Diragi
7 posters

Go down

Nachtjäger Empty Nachtjäger

Post  Diragi Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Inside You Will Find:

• The history of the battle for the northern Rhine, including the battles of Operation Plunder.
  • History of the 51st (Highland) and 15th (Scottish) Divisions during Operation Plunder, and the 11th Armoured Division during the breakout.
  • The option to field a British Rifle Company, Armoured Squadron and the uniquly organised B Squadron, 15th/17th Hussars.
  • History of the defenders of the Rhine, including 2. Marine-Infanteriedivision and Panzerdivision ‘Clausewitz’.
  • The option to field a Marine-Grenadierkompanie, backed by imposing rail-mounted heavy FlaK guns, Panzerkampfgruppe Wallenberg, equipped with night-fighting Panther tanks and Jagdpanther tank-hunters, and Panzerkampfgruppe von Benningsen, armed with Panther and Panzer IV tanks.
  • Optional rules for fighting battles at night.
  • Inspirational colour photos.

Six new lists and a bag full of optional special rules. Wonder if it will be a must buy or ignorable fluff?
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Nachtjäger Empty Re: Nachtjäger

Post  Panzerkommanduer Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Panzerkommanduer

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:21 am

No offence PK, but remember when you were a kid, and then some other kid knew a secret at school, and TOLD EVERYONE not the secret, but that he KNEW of a secret.... Yeah its the same kind of annoying for you to tell us how awesome stuff is (or sarcasm in this case with your GIF) every time thre is a release that you playtested. Either tell us whats coming, or say nothign at all Smile This of course is null and void if/when more moderns stuff comes out I WANT DETAILS Smile
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzerkommanduer Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:46 am

Ahah, none taken, If I was worried about backlash I wouldn't post aha.

Lets see If i can round up what's been revealed and shed some light.

Wayne mentioned the flak railway cars on the official forums, Double 88 mounts or Single 105, 6 rounds of 88 per car Twisted Evil

If you look closely at the released pictures you can see the Hussars with their weird squadron. They were the last brigade in the Div with Cromwell's, so they took on everyone else's Challengers and grouped them into platoons.

Only mentioned once, and easy to overlook, Comets are available as support and Companies in the book.

Obviously the theme of this book is Night fighting, If you look at the first picture in the preview you can see an Uhu in the background, they were used to project IR light for Panthers and Vampir equipped units. I would expect to see a few of these style lists in the future, potential to be very powerful if you think about what this equipment could enable them to do.

Panzerkommanduer

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:24 am

Panzerkommanduer wrote:... Comets are available as support and Companies in the book.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. They just sold another copy.
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:26 am

Panzerkommanduer wrote:Obviously the theme of this book is Night fighting, If you look at the first picture in the preview you can see an Uhu in the background, they were used to project IR light for Panthers and Vampir equipped units. I would expect to see a few of these style lists in the future, potential to be very powerful if you think about what this equipment could enable them to do.

It depends if these IR units give bonuses to hit, bonuses to hit units in cover or just negate night fighting penalties.
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike_A Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:11 pm

I feel like if they just get some cool night fighting bonuses then that is fun and interesting. If they get some kind of global special rule that they can make any mission take place at night, then that might get real old real fast. Will have to wait and see I guess, but seems fun to me.

I don't like the way the dawn assault thing the brits have can break some mission and I don't really need more of that. But it is pretty rare that it matters allot.

New tanks sure everyone likes that.

Thanks;
Mike

Mike_A

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRescue Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:06 pm

Diragi wrote:
Panzerkommanduer wrote:... Comets are available as support and Companies in the book.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. They just sold another copy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I guess they will something like this Duaner.
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:10 pm

Yup. Looks like a Comet.
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:21 am

Well D... time to start painting those Crom's you have now eh? That sounds so cool.. 2 units of croms, comets and challengers.
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:16 am

Matt Varnish wrote:Well D... time to start painting those Crom's you have now eh?   That sounds so cool.. 2 units of croms, comets and challengers.

Good thing I was waiting on those paras and the typhoon to work on them, eh?
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:15 am

Just another reason not to play late war
lothlann
lothlann

http://dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:23 am

Comet looks a bit like a Cromwell and Tiger were combined... dead sexy. But ya, LW seems to be developing a "chase the shiny new carrot" syndrome.
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:29 am

Its 40k make new books with new toys to increase sales because if you just release new books everyone already has the models
lothlann
lothlann

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:18 am

And when they run out... PACIFIC CAMPAIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And when that runs dry:

MODERNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Either way, I am happy Smile.. I just continue my mantra of not giving a crap about the latest greatest in meta and play fun lists... I'm there for the painting scores anyways lol.
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:32 am

lothlann wrote:Its 40k make new books with new toys to increase sales because if you just release new books everyone already has the models

The difference is 40k destroys the current meta to make people want to buy the new toys even more. Whereas in FoW the new toys are nice but not must haves.
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  CA$H Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:45 pm

Diragi wrote:
lothlann wrote:Its 40k make new books with new toys to increase sales because if you just release new books everyone already has the models

The difference is 40k destroys the current meta to make people want to buy the new toys even more. Whereas in FoW the new toys are nice but not must haves.

US LATE WAR Armored (and ARP) lists would like to have a conversation with you Duane...........

One can argue quite successfully that the FOW meta changes just as much as 40k, as new books open the unit power creep....add special rules, etc.....

But that being said, if things stayed stagnant, people would leave.
CA$H
CA$H

http://www.dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:53 pm

Fair enough -- though you could argue that those lists are powerful due to miss-priced special rules rather than a massive shift in the game.

Quite the balancing act they need to do; enough changes to keep the novelty factor going but not so much that it alienates people...
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:02 pm

The books are only balanced when you play the appropriate book vs each other, d day books have no chance vs any of the new books, standard shermans would get eaten by RT panthers the panthers would probably out number them.
lothlann
lothlann

Back to top Go down

Post  CA$H Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:06 pm

lothlann wrote:The books are only balanced when you play the appropriate book vs each other, d day books have no chance vs any of the new books, standard shermans would get eaten by RT panthers the panthers would probably out number them.

Agreed. The more books for a period that get released, the worse the tournament (read competitive) play gets. They are straight up unbalanced.
CA$H
CA$H

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:11 pm

Like most table top games though they are great while drinking beer in a basement playing while listening to babymetal
lothlann
lothlann

Back to top Go down

Post  CA$H Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:14 pm

lothlann wrote:Like most table top games though they are great while drinking beer in a basement playing while listening to babymetal

Agreed Twisted Evil
CA$H
CA$H

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum