Dice Devils GC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMERICA........... <TEAM YANKEE>

+8
Farmer Pat
Twinlinked
Glitch
Panzerkommanduer
RKelly
Diragi
CA$H
Matt Varnish
12 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

AMERICA........... <TEAM YANKEE> - Page 3 Empty Re: AMERICA........... <TEAM YANKEE>

Post  Glitch Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:12 pm

Some more spoilered stat cards of support vehicles and artillery for Essen

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Glitch
Glitch

Back to top Go down

AMERICA........... <TEAM YANKEE> - Page 3 Empty Re: AMERICA........... <TEAM YANKEE>

Post  Matt Varnish Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:55 pm

Yes I want all of the things...
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:07 pm

Same. The big question is to buy in with USA / RU or wait for the 2nd wave.
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitch Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:20 pm

Do you want T-72 Russians or M1 Abrams USA?

Yes -> Jump into the army to want to play!
No -> See next question...

Do you want to play Chieftains Brits or Leopards West Germans?

Yes -> Jump in when those armies release
No -> Probably not the game for you, unless future releases such as Challengers, T-80's and later versions of Abrams appeal to you.

It does look like Denis and I are jumping into Russians, so feel free to join us in either side. I may even be willing to put together a small American army if we don't get one.
Glitch
Glitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:51 pm

alright, well I am going to wait and see where this goes, but I will likely start a small 'Mercan force..

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:58 am

EDIT - removed copied site content from Varnish post, added comments to Diragi post.

Here is today’s post on Breakthrough Assault with an overview of the TY rules. Starting to get exciting.

(same as above but with more formatting)
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  CA$H Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:32 am

Having read it, it reads like a clean up of FoW v3 - nothing really net new here (except maybe aircraft platoons, but we'll see since they only come in on 4+) - just FoW with tighter and cleaner rules....

Most of the missions are the same......I was really hoping for something "new" here - a new system/style of game. Ah well.
CA$H
CA$H

http://www.dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:48 am

i get the feeling that they didn't want to go too far from FoW V3, i like that it is diffent,

it is kinda FoW with modern rules, IE everyone has radios so why care about command, etc..

i am intrigued, but i wont want to get going down this road unless people are going to play it.. and we wont knwo that until there are some tourney and there starts to be a real player base,

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  CA$H Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:12 am

Twinlinked wrote:

it is kinda FoW with modern rules, IE everyone has radios so why care about command, etc..

One thing that is odd, is you have to have ALL teams withing 6" of the platoon commander, you no longer can spread them out as long as they are within command of each other. So while simplified, the command rules are more strict, and actually ignore the communications/radio aspect, and seem to imply that visual range is the most important factor for command in a modern setting....odd for sure.
CA$H
CA$H

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:23 am

CA$H wrote:....odd for sure.

will definitely be interesting to see how it plays, maybe there will be upgrades you can buy that simulate radios..

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Joyous_Oblivion Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:45 am

Well I have a couple Abrams already so I guess I'll be doing Yanks...big surprise there lol.

Hope the BF Abrams are close to the Zvedzas I have already.

Joyous_Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post  CA$H Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:27 am

Joyous_Oblivion wrote:
Hope the BF Abrams are close to the Zvedzas I have already.

Not in price! Razz
CA$H
CA$H

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:35 am

each model comes with a card though right? if so we might need to get the BF ones..

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:37 am

Desert Rat wrote:Do you want T-72 Russians or M1 Abrams USA?

Yes -> Jump into the army to want to play!
No -> See next question...

Do you want to play Chieftains Brits or Leopards West Germans?

Yes -> Jump in when those armies release
No -> Probably not the game for you, unless future releases such as Challengers, T-80's and later versions of Abrams appeal to you.

It does look like Denis and I are jumping into Russians, so feel free to join us in either side. I may even be willing to put together a small American army if we don't get one.

However the advanced flowchart for this group is:

-> Will people still be playing this game when your chosen faction comes out? [yes] -> great, you might get some use out of your minis, [no] -> go back to the start.

I am sort of kidding (though I do have a pile of Isrealis from AIW sitting around...); though Den is too invested in the Russians to abandon the game!

For me it's playing with an A-10 versus tanks I've played in WoT/AW (RU/Leo1) & Hind versus the french quirkiness versus the ultimate tanks with tea kettles in them.
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:39 am

it would be fun to field some Abrams and A-10s against a Russian Horde.. Smile

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  RKelly Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:46 am

I'm ready to go with Americans. If I'm allowed to use my Canadian Centurions as M1's then I'm good to go. I've got 10 of them, the same as amount as Team Yankee in the book. I also have the Mech platoon, though they are painted to look Canadian. I also have the FIST team M113 and the M113s with TOW. Surprisingly, also painted to look Canadian. I've got a bunch more M113s in the mill and some will get TOW and some will be part of big M109 battery I plan on putting together. Also can't wait for Leopards to replace my Centurions. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Right now I just have to pretend I'm American.

RKelly

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitch Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:13 pm

They seem to have done away with national rules. So when the Germans come out, you can probably just straight up use the German rules with your Canadian models.

For now, I can't see why anyone would be against proxying.

My one main concern with the command range is that the Soviet Infantry Company is 21 stands and 12 transport vehicles... How are you suppose to get all of that in a 12-ish" bubble without pretty much being base to base? You can be 16" apart when at "line abreast", so we'll see. I just wonder what defines "line abreast".
Glitch
Glitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:10 pm

Well, and since there seems to not be any "army books" I am asure that folks will edit the cards to suit their own purposes until the models come out. So Duane could use his Israeli's as US. If he wants Merkava's (And who doesnt want them) counts-as M1s for now. THe AMX's can be the small light tanks (forget name in USA, the CAV tanks) and everythign else is fine. I am tempted to do some Desert Storm I USA guys. I know Drew already has his USMC Desert guys done up.

Regarding the flowchart, I have alwasy said, my Reds are up for any game any time.
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:28 pm

Den -- you go Argentinean for the troll factor
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:56 pm

wow. I should. Their airpower was the only good thing about the Argies in the Falklands Smile And its because they bought old french navy jets with brand spanking new anti-ship missiles haha. WAIT A SEC. The israeli jet is the right shape (Mystere)... <HMMMMMMM>
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:09 pm

more info:

Re: British and W Germans and other vehicles down the pipe. MARDERS!!!!! lol thanks to Armored Warfare, I have heard of a lot of those vehicles!!!!!
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  RKelly Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:52 pm

Even more info

RKelly

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitch Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:30 am

Ugh... I'm going to have to buy 2 or 3 of the Russian ones...

Though I suppose grabbing two of the American ones will build up your force to pretty much ready to go.
Glitch
Glitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:00 am

I need to almost see the cards first... if they have T-62's, then I can sub in my 10 T-55s (as they look almost the exact same), the recon BMD's if they are in units of 3 or 4, I already BRDM scout cars, so use those. I have 6 BTR's so assuming it is roughly the right number for part of the motor rifles... so many questions...
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitch Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:29 am

Compiled Spoiled Cards from Breakthrough Assault:

Rules:

Formations:

Tanks:

Infantry:

Airpower:

The rest we'll just have to wait and see...
Glitch
Glitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next