Dice Devils GC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LW Flames Tournament May 14

+5
Matt Varnish
James Stewart
Twinlinked
Joyous_Oblivion
CA$H
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

LW Flames Tournament May 14  - Page 3 Empty Re: LW Flames Tournament May 14

Post  PhantomRescue Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:44 pm

Nobody cares about events with plenty of notice. I don't get any negative feedback from any of the Petawawa guys, just email of people who want to play.

You don't want to go because you're painting for nationals, which is 5 months from now. It obviously wasn't a problem when I asked around before deciding to having an event. People change their minds all the time, it's fine. Things come up and that's cool, I don't care and that's why there's no chance of having any events in Ottawa. There's never a 'perfect' weekend. If you can't arrange a list or your life in six weeks. Then you're too busy or it's just not worth the effort. Which is OK, when there's a tournament you have time for down the road, there will always be a next time. Play in the next one.
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

Post  Joyous_Oblivion Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:55 am

PhantomRescue wrote:Nobody cares about events with plenty of notice. I don't get any negative feedback from any of the Petawawa guys, just email of people who want to play.

You don't want to go because you're painting for nationals, which is 5 months from now. It obviously wasn't a problem when I asked around before deciding to having an event. People change their minds all the time, it's fine. Things come up and that's cool, I don't care and that's why there's no chance of having any events in Ottawa. There's never a 'perfect' weekend. If you can't arrange a list or your life in six weeks. Then you're too busy or it's just not worth the effort. Which is OK, when there's a tournament you have time for down the road, there will always be a next time. Play in the next one.

i think the tourney is a great idea Matt, and I'm actually sorry I have to miss it. My missing isn't intended as a 'shot' or anything, I just can't paint up an entire Infantry army in the time frame, lol.

That said, it is a good shot in the arm to paint a para army!

Joyous_Oblivion

http://www.dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRescue Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:40 am

Man, I feel your frustration, I think when I did my airborne for historicon, I thought I was crazy and wouldn't have time. Playing armor all the time isn't what the game is about, I like different things for sure. I'd love to have a armored car army, but I've seen them and I think they get destroyed by both infantry and armored lists.
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:35 am

Yep. While my Panzerspah Kompanie looks awesome, it plays horribly.

I have a crazy idea, IF I come to your tourney.. it involves P-40's in my Hermann Goring list Wink
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:25 am

Yeah,

its a bad weekend for me,

I am double booked, army and family stuff, i agree completely that not every weekend works for everyone so sometime you just need to pick a weekend and go with it,

I personally don't mind the trip to Pet, and Gary's is a nicer venue then the ones in Ottawa,

I wonder if we can get more people from Ottawa out to these events, i posted this event in the tourneys sections on Game Summit, that might help get the word out, what about the Carleton University guys, has anyone told them about the event?

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRescue Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:29 pm

I think the only thing about the venue in pet is the location. It's more to do with the amount of interest. Although the last time we had an event at FdB it was really nice. I like the bright store front and the lighting there is much better, also helps to have the tables on the same floor. Sometimes its a bit cluttered at Gary's.
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:41 pm

I like it,

it feels like a "real" gaming store Smile

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stewart Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:20 pm

Does anyone have 3x CS guns for Cromwell tanks for purchase or trade? I need them to finish my tanks for this event. I've either misplace the ones that came with or they were lost during my move to Orleans. Thanks

James Stewart

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:56 am

The barrels are just tubes, small brass tube works ( <-- Crusader CS's made from brass tube) Smile
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitch Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:00 pm

I may be able to lend you two, and I think I got a couple of left over from a box I bought...
Glitch
Glitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Obsidian23 Tue May 03, 2016 12:12 pm

Ok so I will offer up my stuff again.

I have Brit Paras and Brits either armoured infantry or armour, so you can do the 11th or Guards. Plenty of additions, piats, mortars, carriers, 6lbs and 17 lbs, cromwells and comets, shermans and fireflies, 25 lb arty.. halftracks for the infantry, bofors.

Oh and Us armoured infantry or armour. pretty much all you need, shermans galore, halftracks, priests etc

Happy to loan but lender is responsible for care!!!! Surprised
Obsidian23
Obsidian23

Back to top Go down

Post  RKelly Wed May 04, 2016 7:51 pm

Anyone forming a carpool?

RKelly

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRescue Mon May 09, 2016 2:44 pm

Hey fellas, checking final count for petawawa tourney this Saturday. Thanks in advance.

Matty
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

Post  RKelly Mon May 09, 2016 6:11 pm

Not looking good for me.

RKelly

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content