Dice Devils GC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlefront Preview Teasers for 2019

4 posters

Go down

Battlefront Preview Teasers for 2019 Empty Battlefront Preview Teasers for 2019

Post  RKelly Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Lots of great stuff here.

RKelly

Back to top Go down

Battlefront Preview Teasers for 2019 Empty Re: Battlefront Preview Teasers for 2019

Post  lothlann Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:37 pm

WWIII new rule book will be good.

4 years to transfer late war to V4...

2020 is eastern front.
lothlann
lothlann

http://dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Battlefront Preview Teasers for 2019 Empty Re: Battlefront Preview Teasers for 2019

Post  CA$H Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:09 pm

Great War? wtf?
Alignment between TY/V4 is good (fall?)

4 year plan for LW to be fully released? 4 YEARS?!?!?  Jesus, these ex-GW guys are doing exactly what GW just stopped doing.... dragging out releases over years, basically making people wait years for "their armies turn". This isn't something we all haven't already talked about, I'm just stunned and disappointed they are continuing this direction.

I'm ready to divest myself of this company at this point :/
CA$H
CA$H

http://www.dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:00 pm

We will have to see how it plays out,

It looks like they are doing western front in year 1 and Eastern front in year 2. Then they are doing the Late Late war in 3 and 4.

Might be ok, from a model perspective I don't see a big issue,

Very few players are only able to play Eastern front armies (ie there aren't many players who only play Russians)

I like the TY alligment too bad it isn't happening in the spring,

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:06 pm

There are more eastern front armies then west so your locking out over 50% of players.
lothlann
lothlann

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:39 pm

Maybe,

But what j am saying is that there are very few armies that can't be played on the western front,

The only nation that is really excluded is Russians, pretty much everything thing else can be played on the western front,

We will see I guess, but I do think think it is necessarily a bad call,

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:00 pm

Eastern front Polish, Romania, Finish, Hungary, Soviets.

The west has british (and her allies but it all 1 army), USA, France.

Shared is German, Italy.

The difference is they do Eastern Front in 2 books to cover 2 years and like 8 books to do the 2 years in the west.
lothlann
lothlann

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:09 pm

I hear you,

But BF doesn't have a choice, they have to do western front first, the Americans British and Germans are a must in Wave1

Very few BF players can't play as Brits, Germans or Americans,

If they asked me I oidl have siad they should release a basic book with every army for late war in it then do the detailed book,

They didn't ask me tho

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:08 pm

If you have to pick between D-day Germans and eastern front 90% of people will use eastern front. The only reason they are doing Western front first is USA But noone wants D-day USA or Brits anyways they want the later stuff. They are releasing the D-day first to make sales before the later books comes out and D-day is thrown away just like it is now. I doubt anyone in a late war tourney uses D-day book.

The way the new formations work they don't need books for each little campaign they just need a book with all the formations available. Since you can just take any formation as a support it doesn't matter any more. You can have a market garden british airborne with a M26 Pershing unit allied even though when market garden happened they werent even invented yet.

Another example is now in mid war for afrika corp you can take a formation of Ferdinand or t-34...
lothlann
lothlann

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:12 pm

I agree with that, no one uses DDay books cause they can't compete with Bridge over Ramegan

I always thought Kate war should be broken in to Late and Late Late

A

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:34 pm

The problem is the game is not meant for tournaments. The army lists work when you just use D-day or Market garden, as soon as you start to open up cross theater it screws up and it just becomes another internet list game. Its going to be very screwy with allied formations ect. and the weird formations they are going to probably make in the cards much like mid war. you can just take a elephant formation and call it a day if you want, doesn't matter the theater. then just take all the support you want, no one will break that formation especially in the desert, North Africa armies don't have anything that can take down ferdinand.

I'm looking at making a SU-76/su-122 formation, its mobile artillery assault guns (they finally gave them the ability to shoot as art). just park them behind something at the board edge and drop shells all game with the pre ranged in rule and the card that lets you move 1 range in token after deployment. They still have good at value so fast vehicles are easy to take car of if they try to flank them.

I made a 109 pt list and its 100% formations, Its made up of 4 formations and 0 support, since they gave me the ability to take all the support options and formations instead, why take a unit as support when i can make it a formation it doesn't cost extra, you just need an hq and 2 units instead of one.

It also bypasses the 0-1 restriction, for instance i can take 0-1 SU-85 or i can take a formation of them and have 2-6 units of them all i need to do is buy a t-34 hq for 6 pts then i can have like 24 SU-85 on the table (would be like 300 pts but you get my picture).

Late war is going to be a mess, Mid war is already screwed up now with all the selection.
lothlann
lothlann

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down