Dice Devils GC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forces of War and the Digital APP

3 posters

Go down

Forces of War and the Digital APP Empty Forces of War and the Digital APP

Post  CA$H Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:46 am

We have LOTS to talk about in the next podcast.....

FORCES OF WAR  : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

FLAMES OF WAR APP : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Expect both on iOS late November, Android to follow....

No mention of cost for the FORCES OF WAR (read Easy Army knock off) - so I am interested to see how they monetize it : it reads "Purchases are stored in our online Forces Of War database so you can log in via any computer at any time, anywhere to access your company lists" - so expect a cost.
Not sure how I feel about this as a TO : Access to exclusive Digital Only Intelligence Briefings." Are we expected to start seeing lists that people have never seen, unless they use the website program? Are all Tournament Organizers expected to have an account to verify lists ( not to mention, will I have to buy all the exclusive content so I can verify participants?)? Some food for thought........

The 14.99$ US per source book seems a decent on the app, as it is about half the cost of the physical - though I would rather spend $30 on the books (new low price) and buy the list I want to print via Forces of War. Hopefully GW is watching.........
CA$H
CA$H

http://www.dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Forces of War and the Digital APP Empty Re: Forces of War and the Digital APP

Post  Matt Varnish Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:55 am

Hmm one thing I ought to do is PDF copy to myself all my list variants from Easy Army before that gets shutdown.. if it isnt shutdown already>??
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  CA$H Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:57 am

From JP @ Battlefront :

"To answer your questions and help update you all.
1. The old site will remain alive and active for all the people who paid to use the site prior to when Gregg stopped adding things a few months ago for the next year.

2. The old site will not get any new content or updates at all and no new people will be able to sign up. It is being left open just for the people who paid Gregg the money in the past so you will get one more full years use out of it before it closes for good.

3. The new site for both the Forces of War and the digital App for books will both be for living product. If you purchase the product then each time it gets changed or updated in any way you will have that automatically so you will only ever pay for a list or a book once. This means that any errata's and corrections are automatically updated to your list/book.

4. The new site will go live with the latest book and lists at the start and then we will slowly add older content in between the new books and lists coming.

5. Complete digital books are going to be a 25% cheaper than the printed ones so US$15 for a standard book.

6. Individual digital companies will be the US$3 each in digital format. These are complete companies with everything you need for the force in one place and are on average 12-14 pages in length. The have all the national rules, company special rules, the company diagram and every unit you can take plus a complete arsenal for the force. This is all you need to play with that single force just as if they were a book all by themselves. Rating variants will be in the same company so some of the lists will give you two or three variants and some will be single companies.

7. Forces of War company lists will be US$1 each with rating variants included in this price just like the digital version. If you buy an entire book of lists in one go then you will get a 25% discount so you will pay between about US$5 for a average book of six to seven lists.

All of this added up means that if you purchase the paper product at US$20 you will be paying almost the same money for the digital book and force building lists. If you want it all you would end up spending $40 for everything which is only US$10 more than you were paying till now just for the paper product but you get all the digital product as well. I hope the madness behind our plan and pricing strategy now is clear

We are just doing the final testing on both of these items and they should be coming your way very soon so you can all have a look and see what you think.
As always these are all for you to choose to use or not and the paper products will continue as always if digital is not your cup of tea.

JP"
CA$H
CA$H

http://www.dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:52 am

I like the idea of paying by the company. For me this would have made not buying Road to Rome make sense, in that I only use the models to make the 2 free french lists at the very back (Screw Goums haha)
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike_A Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:32 pm

5$ a book seems pretty reasonable for the new lists, not crazily more then easy army. Having a cheap option for buying one off lists is kind of nice as well.

I do wonder what they mean buy the thing about updating books and only having to buy them once. Are we talking like a red bear - red bear revised type thing, would say earth and steel and atlantik wall be considered different books altogether?

The digital books are less tempting really, but still kind of sounds like a good thing just to cut down on storage space would be nice.

Thanks;
Mike

Mike_A

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down