Dice Devils GC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TENTATIVE event: 'Charlie Don't Surf in Tel-Aviv'

+3
Mike_A
Diragi
Matt Varnish
7 posters

Go down

TENTATIVE event: 'Charlie Don't Surf in Tel-Aviv' Empty TENTATIVE event: 'Charlie Don't Surf in Tel-Aviv'

Post  Matt Varnish Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:10 pm

Just gauging interest.. I want to run a moderns event.. just for fun, and using BOTH books: Fate of a Nation (when it comes out next month) and Tour of Duty. This means you will be able to run a list out of either book, hence the clever name. Counts-as will be pretty liberal, especially that I have Russians that I have built to be run as either NVA tank Coy or Egyptian Tanks.. but are painted Russian. Rob has his Canucks, which I assume would be Centurions/Aussie or Centurions/Jordanians.

TO anyone who bought some Nam stuff during the sale, this is your chance to USE IT. Painting will be very liberal, given most folks have nothing painted, or even built.. so long as your stuff is assembled and basecoated in some colour, that'll be fine by me, though the whole point of this endeavour is impetus to stuff painted and get a few games in. Location and date unknown yet, I just want to see who is interested. We could even do this in Petawawa if there is enough Cdn Army guys interested.. otherwise you lot have to drive to us!

I have done some research and it seems some people have tried 'crossing the streams' as it were, and apparently some rules need to be tweaked a bit as they are very counter-insurgency centric (Viet Cong, US Medical rules) but we will get some tester games in first and see whats what. While it is still up, you can peruse the Tour of Duty lists here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and Fate of a Nation (magazine lists only) here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Who's in???
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

TENTATIVE event: 'Charlie Don't Surf in Tel-Aviv' Empty Re: TENTATIVE event: 'Charlie Don't Surf in Tel-Aviv'

Post  Diragi Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:49 pm

You mean; "Mohammed don't surf"? Razz
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

TENTATIVE event: 'Charlie Don't Surf in Tel-Aviv' Empty Re: TENTATIVE event: 'Charlie Don't Surf in Tel-Aviv'

Post  Mike_A Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:27 pm

I would be interested in giving it a go depending on how it all worked out. I have Jordanians that I am using in our Campaign, but would likely need to add more depending on points. Wouldn't likely be interested in taking a big trip to Pet but who knows.

The new AIW book is set to add really allot and fix some things it will for sure be allot more interesting when that is out.

Thanks;
Mike

Mike_A

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:54 pm

Mike_A wrote:The new AIW book is set to add really allot and fix some things it will for sure be allot more interesting when that is out.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

tldr:

Demo book at LGS. Iron Tom is correct plus lost H&C for Jordan (and gain semi-indirect fire).

Points up for Shot, Isherman, AMX, T34 and Jordanians. Down for T54/55. Really neat Israeli patrol jeep list, but it is auto attack.
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:17 pm

Cool. Like I said, its all tentative right now as to when and where, but I will firm all that up once i get my grubby mitts on the new book. Its an excuse to get and paint the always-sexy IS-3Ms for my Reds Smile
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike_A Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:51 pm

Ya I saw that preview, no hen and chicks for Jordanians is pretty huge, and increasing the cost of Ishermans is needed as well, plus they are more then tripling the number of companies if you count the online ones. So good stuff there. Hopefully it comes out before the 7th when our next day is!

Thanks;
Mike

Mike_A

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:29 pm

can you really call it moderns its like 50 years ago...
lothlann
lothlann

http://dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:00 pm

if the difference between ew 1941 and lw 1944 is only 3 years.. then yeah anything after 1963 is modern.. though that ends in the early 90s when no one had the impetus to design new stuff after the cold war ended.... Smile
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:09 pm

can i bring my FSSF?

Smile

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  RKelly Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:29 pm

lothlann wrote:can you really call it moderns its like 50 years ago...

Some of us were around 50 years ago. I mean Bob and Louis of course.

RKelly

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:57 pm

I was looking at the list,

stats are comparable..

I could totally run my FSSF, I just wont run any armour.. Smile

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:12 am

Buy some helo's.. and you are set. you already have the 155s Smile
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:48 am

Yeah, all the lists come with Helos eh..

Maybe I should run them straight out of Dogs and Devils Smile

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Thunderst Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:09 am

I'm SO in for this
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thunderst

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:02 pm

Man looking good! How many points is this roughly.. and out of what book?

Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:46 pm

let me know when its true moderns and i'll do an objective of a certain someone standing outside of a finish sauna while his buddy is inside with the fins relaxing.

remind me to show you wargame: airland and red dragon when your here.
lothlann
lothlann

http://dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Thunderst Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:33 pm

Matt Varnish wrote:Man looking good!  How many points is this roughly.. and out of what book?

1700 trained or 2000 vet tank co. from tour of duty

Thunderst

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down