Dice Devils GC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KoW now used for INDY GT scene in the Southern US

5 posters

Go down

KoW now used for INDY GT scene in the Southern US Empty KoW now used for INDY GT scene in the Southern US

Post  CA$H Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:14 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"Each of the Southern Region events polled thier past attendees and the players themselves overwhelmingly voted in favor of Kings of War over Age of Sigmar. So this is certainly a movement being led by the players."

Nice!!! There may be a serious future for KoW in the tournament scene... after all, it was GW's Fantasy that brought me to my first Candian Grand Prix in 2000
CA$H
CA$H

http://www.dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

KoW now used for INDY GT scene in the Southern US Empty Re: KoW now used for INDY GT scene in the Southern US

Post  Glitch Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:54 am

It's a good game. And ironically, an interview with Alessio back in the day revealed that the game was explicitly designed with tournament play in mind. Specifically so that the game could accommodate the use of chess clocks in order to drive player turns so that no one could slow play. The bare bones mechanics was to avoid ambiguity and confusion during competitive play, and to help newer and casual players get into the game easily.
Glitch
Glitch

Back to top Go down

KoW now used for INDY GT scene in the Southern US Empty Re: KoW now used for INDY GT scene in the Southern US

Post  Twinlinked Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:06 pm

the big concern i have with staying power and KoW is what one of the Pet folks mentioned to em,

the list building combinations etc are a little limited, hopefully units will, continue to come out for units to keep the game interesting.

like 2 new units for each army every 6months or so.

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitch Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:34 pm

Very true. When they're working on KoW, they seem to get a decent amount of expansions out, but usually are just new factions, with the occasional new unit or heroes. However, Mantic seems to cycle between it's games that they work on, so there will be dry spells in-between kickstarters...
Glitch
Glitch

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:20 pm

there are lots of units, have you seen the rule book, it has just as much options as fantasy, don't forget you can have allies.
lothlann
lothlann

http://dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:24 pm

there are lots of units i agree,

and it is true that there are allies,

i think some people are turned off by the simplistic way that the armies are built though, for instance not putting characters in units, coincidentaly one of the bifg things i like about the game is exactly that..

Smile

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRescue Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:26 pm

I like that it doesn't have a ton of useless junk added. You can still have quite a bit of freedom in building your lists. Of course, I can't speak to GW, as I missed out being frustrated like all you guys talk about.
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum