Dice Devils GC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle of the Bulge Rumours (actually Blood, Guts & Glory - Tank Battles In The Lorraine?)

+2
Pripyat
Diragi
6 posters

Go down

Battle of the Bulge Rumours (actually Blood, Guts & Glory - Tank Battles In The Lorraine?) Empty Battle of the Bulge Rumours (actually Blood, Guts & Glory - Tank Battles In The Lorraine?)

Post  Diragi Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:45 pm

(courtesy of wwpd.net -- US centric information for obvious reasons)

Most of what people have heard by now about BG&G is probably true. German lists are Reluctant Trained. assault Rifle panzerfaust dudes in halftracks, panthers and Pz IV/70s for dirt cheap.

The US lists are very cool! 76mm guns upped to AT 13. 76mm shermans are upgrades to platoons now (can get up to 2/unit)

M4/M4A1 are as they are now but a tiny bit cheaper.
You can upgrade any sherman to M4A3 to get detroit's finest (14" move instead of 12")
You can upgrade to M4A3 (late) which gives 14" move, front 7, and protected ammo
M4A3E8 gets wide tracks and smooth ride. Smooth ride means if you move less than 6" you don't get a +1 on your stabilizers

Sherman Jumbo is slow but has front 12 and can take hits as if it had the lowest armor.

Germans are auto attack, new units include Mobelwagons (they aren't totally new, but you can get them in 4s), drilling!

Panzer IV Js. The infantry are cheap, but reluctant trained.

The US TD's now have AT 13
Easy Eight's if they only move 6" can fire using their stabilizers with no penalty
The Jackson got added. TD with at 14
Their is a TD company!

Finally TANK ACES is included, but I did not get to spend much time with it and I don't have a pre-release of it

Last edited by Diragi on Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Battle of the Bulge Rumours (actually Blood, Guts & Glory - Tank Battles In The Lorraine?) Empty Re: Battle of the Bulge Rumours (actually Blood, Guts & Glory - Tank Battles In The Lorraine?)

Post  Diragi Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:48 pm

April 14th - Blood, Guts & Glory - Tank Battles In The Lorraine - Sept 44 - Jan 45
120 page book with lists and Tank Aces as well (just like Cassino)
Lists include.
US: 4th & 7th Armored Division (both choices) Tank Company, Armored Rifle Company and a Tank Destroyer Company, Patton and Abrams
German: Panzer Brigades FHH Panzer, FHHPanzersturm and FHH Panzergrenadier Companies, Panzer and Panzergreandier companies.
A pile of new US tanks (Jumbo, Easy Eight, M18, Jackson, M4A3 (x3 variants) as well as new German variants (Panther G, L/70V, IVJ - all non zimmerat) plus the usual extras.
Lots of pictures and more info from next week onwards."
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Battle of the Bulge Rumours (actually Blood, Guts & Glory - Tank Battles In The Lorraine?) Empty Re: Battle of the Bulge Rumours (actually Blood, Guts & Glory - Tank Battles In The Lorraine?)

Post  Pripyat Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:43 pm

There also appears to be a larger book to be released called Achtung! which may or may not be an escalation type campaign. Anyone hear about it?

Pripyat

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzerkommandeur Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:15 pm

Apparently Achtung is the new starter set.

Panzerkommandeur

Back to top Go down

Post  gahris Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:26 am

I'm really excited for this book. Can't believe its coming April 14th! I know what I want for my birthday Very Happy

gahris

Back to top Go down

Post  Joyous_Oblivion Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:38 am

Day after my birthday...thank you Battlefront, you make me very happy...

Wait a minute...I'm getting all this cool stuff for LW and then have to play MW Nationals a couple months later!

Joyous_Oblivion

http://www.dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:14 pm

On the FoW site they say its the Battle over the city of Nancy, which was Sept 5-10 1944. The battle of the buldge was Dec 16-25. From what I can tell this looks like just a small 100 pager book.
lothlann
lothlann

http://dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:38 pm

Ya that's why I edited the title.

Either bf is skipping the bulge or we will see a bigger book later...
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down