Dice Devils GC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Demo Day for new group of players?

3 posters

Go down

Demo Day for new group of players? Empty Demo Day for new group of players?

Post  CA$H Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:09 pm

From the GameSummit forum:

Hi all,
My name is Ehren and I'm involved with starting a tabletop games club in Ottawa. I've been working for the past few months to establish a sub-group of FoW players looking to game regularly and hold tournaments. Thus far I have a handful of students and recent grads interested and investing in their first armies (myself included), as well as a few vets with standing armies and experience.

I am looking to arrange for a volunteer to attend a meeting as our guest and demo the game, as well as some of its nuances and mechanics. (Not to mention their armies!) Anyone interested in this opportunity or involved should please get in touch with me asap!

We are always looking for guest armies and new interest!

Also, any vets who happen to be reading this, I hope today was one of appreciation from your fellow man.

Many thanks,
Ehren E.

Ehran, where do you guys host whatever meeting? Because I can do it, I have two armies that I guess are painted well Wink<best painted US Nationals last year> the thing is since I live downtown, all of my terrain with the rest of the Dice Devils terrain. Best bet would be somewhere that has terrain and room, so Frere de Bataille in Gatineau. Also, I am in a hotel right now, so I wouldnt be able to do this properly until I get back to the condo once the flooring is done, which is mid December ish. I only have one army with me at the hotel, for Sunday's tournament in Petawawa.

If this works for you, then I can do it. Let me know.
Dennis

Hi Dennis,
We're working toward having facilities available at Carleton U with terrain/materials. That said, our members likely won't have armies playable until early december anyways. You are likely right about meeting somewhere with terrain ready for us, I haven't been to Frere de Bataille yet but will make a point of checking it out in the next two weeks. We would greatly appreciate your help and will aim to arrange a demo/game day in mid december. I will get in touch in a week or so once we get our forces together and I've done some recon at FdB. Thanks again, looking forward to it!
Ehran
CA$H
CA$H

http://www.dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Demo Day for new group of players? Empty Re: Demo Day for new group of players?

Post  CA$H Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:10 pm

D - if you want a second to assist let me know- I am game.

I can also bring more FoW terrain as required as I know FdB is a little light on FoW terrain.

Let me know, as it may be easier to run things with 2 people, one per side of a game or some such thing.....
CA$H
CA$H

http://www.dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:11 pm

by the sounds of things, itll happen mid december ish. I need a nicely painted allied army and a bit of our good terrain, and we should be gtg.
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRescue Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:21 pm

CA$H wrote:D - if you want a second to assist let me know- I am game.

I can also bring more FoW terrain as required as I know FdB is a little light on FoW terrain.

Let me know, as it  may be easier to run things with 2 people, one per side of a game or some such thing.....
That's good you want to be there and diffuse any D-bombs that go off around new players....I KNOW, I was there once......LOL
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down