Dice Devils GC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stance on BF Miniatures Only

5 posters

Go down

Stance on BF Miniatures Only Empty Stance on BF Miniatures Only

Post  PhantomRescue Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:05 am

Just wondering if we can charge up a discussion in our own little part of the internet and see where you stand and what you think about this decision.
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

Stance on BF Miniatures Only Empty Re: Stance on BF Miniatures Only

Post  Twinlinked Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:14 am

Ah,

i think it was only a matter of time,

GW had a similar policy for their tournaments - any miniature had to be made up of at least 75% GW product i believe.

I think to be fair if FoW tourneys are going to be sponsored by battle front - ie BF provides prize support then they have every right to ask that the armies that are being used the tourneys are made up at least predominantly of BF miniatures.

A.

Last edited by Twinlinked on Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:45 am

they don't offer 100% of the line of models so they cant force you to use only Bf minatures...
lothlann
lothlann

http://dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CA$H Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:59 am

As of now, it only applies at events BF actually runs.

So far, BF has never come through with prize support, so it has 0(zero) impact on the events we run.

I will still use whatever models I want at our events.
CA$H
CA$H

http://www.dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:45 pm

I posted a longer reply on gamesummit but basically i don't think BF could continue with the way PSC is poaching all of the high vilume units.
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRescue Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:23 pm

Yeah, I don't 'really' have a problem, the PSC stuff I got was to basically get my army ready in time for the last tournament. It's likely they knew this ruling was coming, could explain why we did not get prizes even though we sent a request in 6 months before an event?? Sounds like there are going to be some questions to be answered by Krone at Nationals, but now I doubt you guys will get near him once he is lynched from the ceiling of the convention centre.....people are PISSED off! LOL

I feel bad for some of you guys cause you have more into this hobby so far than I do, but if you don't want to or don't think we'll play in any BF sanctioned events then I guess it doesn't matter. I have a conspiracy theory....the customer service and some decisions are sketchy at best....is it possible Fandom bought out Battlefront? (just sayin')
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:34 pm

I'm really not sure why people are pissed,

this is the same issue as GW or any other game, the player base feels entitled and the owner/developer has to put there foot down.

One thread i read through had a quote from a guy who said something about supporting the "Flames of War Hobby" and people are saying this is arrogant and un-acceptable. well people can do what ever they ant with their minis at home but if they want to play at a major tourney they need to follow the rules that the organizers put forward.

I think that BF was actually pretty nice about it.

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down