Dice Devils GC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everyone should at least be logging in daily to WoT...

+2
Diragi
Joyous_Oblivion
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Everyone should at least be logging in daily to WoT... Empty Everyone should at least be logging in daily to WoT...

Post  Joyous_Oblivion Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:05 pm

The 50k a day and escalating rewards are really awesome. I've got 300k already and a 200k piece of equipment. Haven't played a game in a couple weeks though lol.

Joyous_Oblivion

http://www.dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Everyone should at least be logging in daily to WoT... Empty Re: Everyone should at least be logging in daily to WoT...

Post  Diragi Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:39 pm

Joyous_Oblivion wrote:The 50k a day and escalating rewards are really awesome. I've got 300k already and a 200k piece of equipment. Haven't played a game in a couple weeks though lol.

Evil or Very Mad Ya, you are too busy playing WoW or something!

mission details -> [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Everyone should at least be logging in daily to WoT... Empty Re: Everyone should at least be logging in daily to WoT...

Post  Joyous_Oblivion Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:53 am

Oh I've been playing the shit out of wow again but still remmebering to log in to WOT. Want those free premiums Smile

And I know I'll be back lol

Joyous_Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:56 am

I have a feeling they want everyone to log in every day so that they can claim (look we had this many ppl log in every day" and beat League of Legends numbers Smile
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:23 am

Joyous_Oblivion wrote:Oh I've been playing the shit out of wow again but still remmebering to log in to WOT. Want those free premiums Smile

And I know I'll be back lol

The T7 combat car was a freebee a while back... wasn't all that great at release but they booted the pen a bit. Also it can only see tier 2 max so they only thing you have to fear is T18s!

SU-100Y not sure I will be able to get it / would never spend money on one.. but won't turn it down if I managed to get it!
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:24 am

Matt Varnish wrote:I have a feeling they want everyone to log in every day so that they can claim (look we had this many ppl log in every day" and beat League of Legends numbers Smile

And/or so WoT numbers don't crater during the WoWS beta / people still fork over $$$ for prem time.
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:29 am

Well yeah but right now its ltd numbers in the WOS closed beta.. though that could change when it goes to OBT.
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:30 am

Limited numbers true, but probably the more hardcore whale types.
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  CA$H Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:32 am

WoT will never touch League of Legends..

Last count (January 2015) LoL had 76 MILLION regular players - its crazy, since by the numbers, it's the only online game that matters.
CA$H
CA$H

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:36 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [year old article]

And yet LOL isn't even top revenue and only has double WOT's.
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  CA$H Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:09 pm

Diragi wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [year old article]

And yet LOL isn't even top revenue and only has double WOT's.

Yeah, ONLY a $300+ million difference.....
CA$H
CA$H

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:25 pm

FYI the actual the difference is $252 million. [$625 - 372]

Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  CA$H Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:44 pm

Diragi wrote:FYI the actual the difference is $252 million. [$625 - 372]

Uh huh, and that makes a difference? LOL!
CA$H
CA$H

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:09 pm

Not really.. .but given the player base of LOL is probably 10x bigger...
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  Joyous_Oblivion Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:00 pm

Granted that data is over a year old now, I'm still impressed WoW is on there. I didn't think they made much in microtransactions. Wonder where they would place if you counted their subscriber base as well?

Joyous_Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:07 pm

Well:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"And while World of Warcraft still requires a monthly subscription, Blizzard offers a range of virtual items for purchase, including mounts and pets for fees in the $10-$30 range. In addition, Blizzard launched a World of Warcraft in-game store just last month."

Looks like pets are $10 and steeds are $25 -- seems like the steeds look cool and are unlocked for all of your characters so great for the OCD collectors / people with alt-itis / etc.
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  Joyous_Oblivion Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:27 pm

Yeah it's just there aren't very many for sale. Oh well guess wow is like Kieths, those who like it, like it a lot.

Joyous_Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:02 pm

got my first free day of premium today,

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:42 pm

Joyous_Oblivion wrote:Yeah it's just there aren't very many for sale. Oh well guess wow is like Kieths, those who like it, like it a lot.

There's quite a bit of psychology that goes into the monetization of these F2P games. If you go for the straight money grab then you end up like Zygna!. ie:

1. To make money you need to offer lots of stuff for the 'rich' players to blow their money on.
2. You need to keep not so pay to win so that your free players aren't alienated.
3. You need lots of free players so that your pay players are comfortable to spend their money.

So WG is pretty smart:

1. Premium vehicles don't offer better combat performance just more credits and cross-training. And in a stroke of genius +50% so people could buy one per nation/tank type.
2. Premium account time skips the whole micro-transation thing (ie: pay 500 simolons to get x3 exp for the next 2 games, etc)
3. Nothing that stands out as "I blew $$$$$ on the game". WG China does have the Gold Type-59 for $600 but everyone would tk them at the start of the battle!
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:45 pm

You can spend 600$ on a WoT premium tank?

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:08 pm

Only in China; WG doesn't have control over their "partners". You can also buy overpriced Clan War reward tanks (M60/Obj 907/VK72.01) for something like $200.

Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:17 pm

is china its own server?

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:19 pm

Yup; to setup shop in China you have a "joint" venture with a local company (who basically runs things) and you have to have dedicated servers (to not bypass the Great Firewall of China).
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:35 pm

the Chinese server is like the America's Army game, you always play as china in tier 10 tanks and fight against USA in tier 5. Even if you lose all your tank the Chinese side still wins.
lothlann
lothlann

http://dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:48 pm

For those not aware, China is still (technically) a communist Police State with its own internet, browsers, version of facebook, twitter etc that the state controls. That's why there is a separate server for a lot of games, like WOW, WoT, etc etc. I know EVE has its own server over there too, since they have had cross server cruiser tournaments.

Also, that Link D put up, because it had the word 'games' in the link, my work blocked the whole thread lol. Yet facebook isn't blocked.
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum