Dice Devils GC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Archeage Random Shit Thread...

+3
CA$H
Matt Varnish
Joyous_Oblivion
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Archeage Random Shit Thread... - Page 2 Empty Re: Archeage Random Shit Thread...

Post  CA$H Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:16 pm

Matt Varnish wrote:Sorry thought chris and I were thr only ones playing.  The econ on nazar is fine... we are on a diff auction house cluster than before.   That mesa in ssndeep is now dominated by the guild armory.. town house.. gazebos etc that are all chris'   I got greedy and tried to get an island plot after laying my 16 and we missed bone island by two minutes.. some red pirate guild got there first.. otherwise I would have dropoed five lands there too.. I got there initially about 40 seconds before chris and I was the first one on that mesa.    Right about now.. all the asswipes who got land just to get are getting rid of them.. so it isn't too bad.  I am doing awesome in aa right now.. just working on getting mats for my fishing yacht which can now carry trade packs and get booster propellant.    I can now plant 150 seeds in one second in the harvester thatched house.. and thr guild armory has to be seen to be believed.

But what do I know?

Ah, so only current patrons are entitled to have an opinion? When I last logged in, there was no land available, as all the wallet warriors still own it all....
CA$H
CA$H

http://www.dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Archeage Random Shit Thread... - Page 2 Empty Re: Archeage Random Shit Thread...

Post  Joyous_Oblivion Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:32 pm

Pay to win can be a good thing (STO for example) but it's looking like it's ruined archeage. I was gonna pop back on but if people are just making the game un-fun due to money, that's just lame.

Joyous_Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:25 am

How is the game unfun do to money?    Between chris and I right now we have more land than all of us had out together before... and its all in the same area.  Not a patron ?  No problem.. thanks to the family system.  We had a grand ole.time last night doing sport fishing I a flotilla of paddlewheel steamers.  I somehow caught a fish weighing 533 kg that had to be carried back by crane.   We each made 50+ gold.. and while turning in spotted a few reds.. we got into a sea chase with chris' ship trying to catch up to the red warship. . Eventually it was rammed enough by fasyer clippers for me to broadside it with cannons.  Thry eventually bailed.. we stole their ship.. turned in their trade pack and destroyed their ship when we were done.

I recommend playing the game rather thsn deciding whether or not to play by what you read.  By all accounts  the internet hatesarcheage thsnks to how its run.  The game is fine.  Remind anyone of GW?   (Prior to the current wfb debacle ofc)
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  CA$H Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:06 am

I'm glad you guys are enjoying it, I have no interest in making you stop playing in any way. For me, personally, the game is meh. The RNG, limited labor, and poor PVE is enough for me to step away - but that is just me. Keep on playing and enjoying it! I'm busy with non computer related activities these days, so it works well for me.

PS - how is the hobby stuff coming along? Paint anything Chris? hehehe tongue

CA$H
CA$H

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:24 am

Fair enough.  I guess in the end.. bcs archeage has a few things no other mmo has.. I play it and overlook a few flaws.  Its working for me right now.    Ss for hobby... I spend the next few days in Cornhole.. I mean Cornwall.. so Ill probably assemble some panthers and stug m43s for my list for Fall In doubles tourney
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Joyous_Oblivion Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:57 am

I'm glad you guys enjoy it. And like Tris I won't begrudge anyone for enjoying any game. Hell I still play wow 10+ years later. I just disenchanted from AA because of the effort required to 'gear up' endgame. Wow has spoiled me in that I can do most everything by myself and in relative short time. AA has massive time commitments for minimal upgrades.

I need my quick fixes, lol.

That said, having a blast with STO Smile

Joyous_Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post  CA$H Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:06 am

It's worth the time and effort - my gripe isnt so much about the required time investment - its the random reward/crafting system!

But yea...not really playing anything at the moment, and getting a lot done (outside and in!)...
CA$H
CA$H

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:19 am

post pics if its models!

I look forward to trying to magnetize the hybrid Panther / Jagd box from Battlefront. And at the hotel tonite, will have no tmuch else to distract me so I can get a good start on them hopefully. I'll def take pics with my phone and post the progress.

MArty...

Still in STO? Tempted to start up again.. so long as you are on vent to walk me through the new Duty Officer / Crew layout. You guys playing Fed or Klingon/ Romulans?
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:47 pm

ran gear you can usually trade for what you want, except for the one that goes to the next tier, or just make it and sell it then buy what you want. The game is a long term mmo for sure, the labour system alone keeps it that way.

gear isnt too hard to get, run some dungeons, get the drops their to start you off, you can make the basic illustrious and magnificent can be disenchanted and you can make obsidian from it, which gets you good gear for cheap price and you know what your getting as there is only 1 set until tier 4 where you can pick from 2 different lines.

The big thing with AA is regrading your gear, you can have crap gear but if its high grade then its better then low grade better gear. EX mythic (10th grade) illustrious (Tier 2) is better then celestial (6th grade) Epherium (Tier 5). Now he chances of getting mythic is very very very very low, its just an example. most people have a suit of magnificent gear or obsidian.
lothlann
lothlann

http://dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Joyous_Oblivion Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:59 pm

Matt Varnish wrote:post pics if its models!

I look forward to trying to magnetize the hybrid Panther / Jagd box from Battlefront.  And at the hotel tonite, will have no tmuch else to distract me so I can get a good start on them hopefully.  I'll def take pics with my phone and post the progress.

MArty...

Still in STO?   Tempted to start up again.. so long as you are on vent to walk me through the new Duty Officer / Crew layout.  You guys playing Fed or Klingon/ Romulans?

Yup I'm still in game. Playing Federation. Just got a new tier 5 Defiant class retrofit ship! Love the little beam boats Smile

Also, damn you for getting in ahead of me on the Magic stuff that guy is selling on Game Summit, lol!

Joyous_Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post  CA$H Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:02 am

We gonna sling cardboard again!?!? I'm down for some of that!
CA$H
CA$H

Back to top Go down

Post  Joyous_Oblivion Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:36 am

CA$H wrote:We gonna sling cardboard again!?!? I'm down for some of that!

I never stopped from last time we tried it. To say I'm in deep bow would be a small understatement. Got 3 pre-release drafts this weekend for new Battle For Zendikar set.

Joyous_Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRescue Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:54 am

Zero.point.zero interest in trying to reignite interest unless it involves pulling out stuff we own already.

I only wish that it had of been a new release per year, not every 3 months.
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

Post  Joyous_Oblivion Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:29 pm

PhantomRescue wrote:Zero.point.zero interest in trying to reignite interest unless it involves pulling out stuff we own already.

I only wish that it had of been a new release per year, not every 3 months.

That's ok, it can be overwhelming trying to stay with magic. It's either you ride the wave or just do like Tristan and pick up a bit every few years and see what it's like.

I'm finding it's a good replacement for my normal tabletop gaming (since their has been no dominant game for us to play since FoW interest died).

Joyous_Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRescue Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:25 pm

If by overwhelming you mean spend a ton of money only to watch your cards fall to worthlessness....then yes. The competitive part of me that enjoyed playing that game was overcome with the need to not drop money on countless drafts or the complete collecting part of me avoided getting sucked into buying any more boxes of boosters. I tried when  M10 got released, traded for and got an entire complete set, but the countless releases afterwards...yeah, I'm done with that. I don't mind 'casual' play, but it's taken a step sideways to other games. Blame Andrew's enthusiastic event next weekend and free Dwarves for that, Kings of War is pretty fun.

Not sure why you think FoW is dead? Dennis and I play almost every week and there are some new guys that have as much interest as I do in playing more often, so I'm fine with FoW. Nationals has me excited about Flames and the October 10th tournament is shaping up nicely, then it's off to Fall-In in Lancaster PA for a doubles event Friday and Wounded Warrior tournament Saturday. LW tournament at Gary's a few weeks later.....yup, not enough Flames. jocolor
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:26 pm

PhantomRescue wrote:Not sure why you think FoW is dead?

'Cause Tristan says so.
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  Joyous_Oblivion Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:36 pm

PhantomRescue wrote:If by overwhelming you mean spend a ton of money only to watch your cards fall to worthlessness....then yes. The competitive part of me that enjoyed playing that game was overcome with the need to not drop money on countless drafts or the complete collecting part of me avoided getting sucked into buying any more boxes of boosters. I tried when  M10 got released, traded for and got an entire complete set, but the countless releases afterwards...yeah, I'm done with that. I don't mind 'casual' play, but it's taken a step sideways to other games. Blame Andrew's enthusiastic event next weekend and free Dwarves for that, Kings of War is pretty fun.

Not sure why you think FoW is dead? Dennis and I play almost every week and there are some new guys that have as much interest as I do in playing more often, so I'm fine with FoW. Nationals has me excited about Flames and the October 10th tournament is shaping up nicely, then it's off to Fall-In in Lancaster PA for a doubles event Friday and Wounded Warrior tournament Saturday. LW tournament at Gary's a few weeks later.....yup, not enough Flames. jocolor

Well yeah, if you try and keep pace playing standard it's a rather pricey affair. But like all out other games, you don't have but a new army every year. You can just pick a deck you like in an eternal format (Modern, legacy, vintage) and play that. At worst you might add 1-2 cards a year to it from new releases. And drafting is just for fun. That's the whole point of draft! If you don't want the cost associated with it, just put together a cube draft with cards you own, then once you have one, no more weekly cost for draft Smile

Magic is as expensive as you want it to be. But I fully agree keeping up with standard is quite expensive and it's only really comparable to playing every new army that comes out for a game system or buying every new videogame. It's not reasonable for most.

I'm also stoked for KoW and the upcoming tourney.

Never knew about Fall In or anyone going to it so that's news to me. Think since Flames of War releases finally hit the end of the war it was like a completion point for me so I need to find something else to draw me back in. I still love the game system and the models are amazing. Just haven't found a hook to pull me back yet.

Joyous_Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post  Joyous_Oblivion Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:41 pm

Oh and thanks to me switching to second rotation I have the weekend of your tank event off Matty so I will be coming up to pet to (hopefully) kick some German Panzer-butt.

Joyous_Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRescue Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:59 am

Joyous_Oblivion wrote:Oh and thanks to me switching to second rotation I have the weekend of your tank event off Matty so I will be coming up to pet to (hopefully) kick some German Panzer-butt.

Not sure the Stuarts will hold up....so I'll be anxious to see what you have in store!
I know Andrew has been painfully working away in his secret tank lab ready to unleash his list against the masses!
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

Post  CA$H Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:07 am

Diragi wrote:
PhantomRescue wrote:Not sure why you think FoW is dead?

'Cause Tristan says so.

I never said anything of the sort........
CA$H
CA$H

Back to top Go down

Post  Joyous_Oblivion Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:28 am

PhantomRescue wrote:
Joyous_Oblivion wrote:Oh and thanks to me switching to second rotation I have the weekend of your tank event off Matty so I will be coming up to pet to (hopefully) kick some German Panzer-butt.

Not sure the Stuarts will hold up....so I'll be anxious to see what you have in store!
I know Andrew has been painfully working away in his secret tank lab ready to unleash his list against the masses!

As much as I'd love to run my little Stuarts they don't have much of a home in this type of tourney.

Just so in reading it right. I have to run a tank list with my only restriction being a single artillery unit?

Joyous_Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRescue Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:46 pm

Joyous_Oblivion wrote:
PhantomRescue wrote:

As much as I'd love to run my little Stuarts they don't have much of a home in this type of tourney.

Just so in reading it right. I have to run a tank list with my only restriction being a single artillery unit?

So, as long as your list is a Tank Company, three platoon minimum has to be tanks. The fully armored kind,tracks and a gun....
Yes, you're right about the artillery. Limit yourself to one battery. So you want to run priests, or a battery of 105's go ahead. No NAVAL support, but Air of course is ok. A Matty tournament without air would be CARAZAY!
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:24 pm

i video one of my guildies made based on a trailer for guardians of the galaxy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lothlann
lothlann

http://dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2