Dice Devils GC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Know your Army"

5 posters

Go down

"Know your Army" Empty "Know your Army"

Post  Matt Varnish Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:23 am

While I am sure Matt will eventually post great pics of the big tournament,, it pays to double check your list. My playtest list did NOT have sticky bombs on all three inf platoons. My actual list did. Hah. Only realized in the last game vs three tigers, and as usual, I rolled a TONNE of ones when he drove up to take my objective.. breaking the platoon.
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

"Know your Army" Empty Re: "Know your Army"

Post  Glitch Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:11 pm

Also, know the rules...

I only figured out in my second last game that a double bail does not automatically destroy your tank. They get to make a motivation test first. >.<

So much for 4 tigers...
Glitch
Glitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:21 pm

Desert Rat wrote:Also, know the rules...

I only figured out in my second last game that a double bail does not automatically destroy your tank. They get to make a motivation test first. >.<

So much for 4 tigers...

Too bad your opponents didn't point that out earlier. IMHO pointing something out when someone is making a RULE error (rather than strategic error) is just good sportsmanship.
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRescue Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:47 pm

There were a 'few' incidents like this during the day. It is definitely not the norm, but it's a nationals event. I didn't remind my opponent to unpin his units more than once. I forgot to roll reserves and it's a mistake on my part. Sometimes the people you're playing aren't paying attention and aren't trying to do it on purpose.
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:34 am

I found everyone played farly in my games,

I definitely feel like it was my tactics and bad decision making that let my tigers down.. Smile

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:56 am

To be fair, Duaner.. the only reason no one else pointed it out is only the last guy had checked the army list I had given him.. and based his decision on sending two tigers at once rather than one on my having sticky bombs.... In only one other case did I assault tanks with infantry (as the bishops did all the assaulting... grinding Italian horses under the tracks!) and that was vs the 7 Panther army. I bailed one.. but the sticky bombs could have made a difference there. Well no, I still would have won 4-3 regardless.....
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitch Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:20 am

Too be fair, it was also a nationals tournament. It's not really their job to remind us of the rules, though it would be great sportsmanship otherwise. That being said, everyone was pretty nice. I didn't have a bad opponent or game. I only really heard of one or two incidents where someone got a little riled, but that's about it.

Now, for a basement game, it's a different story.
Glitch
Glitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:41 pm

Yeah my compeitive days are long gone.. if I could even be called competitive.. back in the day when you had to be in the top 25 to get into the GT, I guess I would be a bit more cut throat.

This tourney, I was giving maximum lee-way.. I playe d aguy who had painted his army the week before, and had just picked up FoW.. gave him lots of tips, vs Bernard he had forgotten to assault with his reserve Panthers.. I let him go for it. I'm not the kind of guy who will punish for a millimeter here or there. I had enough of that from G-Man in my first ever game of WFB Wink
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitch Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:49 pm

At the end of the day, we are playing with little plastic and metal army dudes.

*pew!* *pew!* *pew!*
Glitch
Glitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:48 pm

True Enough!
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content