Dice Devils GC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thanks gang

+6
Mike_A
RKelly
Matt Varnish
Twinlinked
Big_Willie
CA$H
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Thanks gang - Page 2 Empty Re: Thanks gang

Post  Matt Varnish Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:41 pm

I wouldnt worry about it T, it happens, you had to make a snap call, and made it, with the information you had at the time. And its not like the rules are crystal clear on it, if the blurb Diragi linked proves anything, other folks thought the PIAT couldnt shoot then launch an assault either! At least it was brougt up prior to any games starting, rather than being sprung on someone (Me) during a game.

Reminds me of the whole barbed wire 'Bazinga' incident from last summer at Nationals Smile

Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Willie Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:47 pm

The only reason I brought it up was because we had driven down that morning debating it and once we had unpacked and were ready to play I figured I would help solve problems by asking the question then instead of when it was in the heat of a game. It wasn't meant to be a dick move or to throw anyone off, I argued that they could shoot and assault. But I couldn't argue with what Bob and Iain were saying about half vs using the movement rate of fire table. Hence asking how we wanted to play it for the day, if the question had come to my attention earlier I would have asked, sorry boys Embarassed

Big_Willie

Back to top Go down

Post  Joyous_Oblivion Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:58 pm

Big_Willie wrote:The only reason I brought it up was because we had driven down that morning debating it and once we had unpacked and were ready to play I figured I would help solve problems by asking the question then instead of when it was in the heat of a game. It wasn't meant to be a dick move or to throw anyone off, I argued that they could shoot and assault. But I couldn't argue with what Bob and Iain were saying about half vs using the movement rate of fire table. Hence asking how we wanted to play it for the day, if the question had come to my attention earlier I would have asked, sorry boys Embarassed

I know it didn't really make any difference to me and I had the most 'zooks of anyone. I think the issue was how it was proposed right at the very start without time to properly find the answer.

No worries either way, it wouldn't have helped me against Bob anyways, damn shooty assault Germans, lol.

Joyous_Oblivion

http://www.dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike_A Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:54 pm

I forgot 4 of the LMGs from the 8x LMG platoon I had in my army list at home so I had much bigger problems then a few bazookas shots anyways. Ah well what is 20 mg dice between friends.

Thanks;
Mike

Mike_A

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:38 am

Hah, I had the same thing happen.. forget to shoot the Passenger fired LMGs off the side of my halftracks in all but one round of the entire tournament!

Anyways,

Thanks to all for a great turnout and great tournament. Projekt: DAK is next for me!!
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:07 am

Sometimes it's tough to get rules right -- they are defined in multiple sections of the rulebook (ie: having a table that defines what half rof is) or we take shortcuts to remember rules.

eg: in my second game my opponent thought I was hosing him with 3+ saves on my 88s because immobile guns don't get gtg. Whereas p90 it explicitly they do get gtg and gun saves (just don't the +1 to be hit unless they are also concealed by terrain -- digging in doesn't cut it). Since I didn't have my rulebook w/ me and he didn't want to look it up I'm sure I got excellent sportsmanship for that one...
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  gahris Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:27 pm

If you don't shoot your 88's or they are dug in, I believe they get a +3 save

For bazookas and other ROF1 weapons. When you shoot with those teams, you need to add +1 to hit if you want to assault after.

gahris

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:30 pm

dug in just gives them bullet proof cover, they get the GTG gun save (3+) if they do not shoot. They dont need to be concealed to get the +3 save but there is no bonus to hit, you will still hit them on 4+ if vet.
lothlann
lothlann

http://dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:36 pm

However you CAN still get gtg/concealed (+2) if they are in terrain.

p90 "heavy and immobile gun teams need terrain to be concealed"
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:01 am

I figured that was a given...
lothlann
lothlann

http://dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:15 am

I always forget that tank teams in cover that hasnt fired, is also GtG, because of branches and such that the crew drape over the hull. So that means that mw 21pzrs who already have leaves on them should always be GtG right? Smile
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum