Dice Devils GC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May Madness Armored Only Tournament!!

+6
Joyous_Oblivion
RKelly
Stormtrooper
Matt Varnish
CA$H
PhantomRescue
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

May Madness Armored Only Tournament!! Empty May Madness Armored Only Tournament!!

Post  PhantomRescue Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:18 am

Poster for the event is up on the events page.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by PhantomRescue on Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

May Madness Armored Only Tournament!! Empty Re: May Madness Armored Only Tournament!!

Post  CA$H Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:08 am

I was just about to mention Arty command teams and FOs...........so those are allowed but MC recce can't dismount?

Seems an odd distinction.........

Like I mentioned last night, the "Tanksgiving" rules allow for 1 infantry platoon only - maybe that's the way to go?
CA$H
CA$H

http://www.dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

May Madness Armored Only Tournament!! Empty Re: May Madness Armored Only Tournament!!

Post  PhantomRescue Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:32 am

Last edited by PhantomRescue on Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:07 pm

I think whats easier is to make the limitation as to the troop type in the force org. In this example, while the german recce motorbikes are technically tank TEAMS it says "reconnaissance" on the box in the force org. This prevents folks from taking 2 units of Wespes, as they are tank TEAMS but are under "artillery"

THen you simply make the one allowable other unit TYPE to be anything. Easy Peasy. Calling it right now, soviet SP AT list wins. Smile
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormtrooper Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:37 pm

i'd put my money on 21 T-34/76 with 8 SU-100, or maybe 17 Panzer iV's with 88's and armoured cars from DM.
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:55 pm

itll be interesting, thats for sure
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  RKelly Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:37 pm

I like it. Though didn't someone with the same initials as me suggest this some time ago.

RKelly

Back to top Go down

Post  Joyous_Oblivion Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:51 am

I think this is reaaaaallly restrictive if we plan to draw in new players.

Why not just make it Armoured lists only? That still keeps the overall theme but people have a little freedom to choose a list. Tank armies with no support don't sound especially fun to play, but that could just be me.

And I just realized that the US Tank Destroyers list are all tank teams. This could get ugly, lol.

Joyous_Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:55 am

hey its his tournament, though being only tanks, it would draw in guys who need to paint, since tanks are way easier/faster to paint then guys per points cost Smile
I like that its something radically different than the usual.
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRescue Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:36 am

Last edited by PhantomRescue on Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike_A Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:01 am

seems like a fun idea to me, but I also agree that just restricting it to tank companies only should be restrictive enough. Most things that aren't tank won't be worth taking anyway, infantry would seem pointless since you can't normally get much infantry anti-tank weapons in tank companies anyway. Well I would play in it either way if it's not to close to cangames.

Sounds like a good time for the trained king tiger company, but I guess there are a fair number of thing that have a chance to kill them now.

Thanks;
Mike

Mike_A

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRescue Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:19 pm

Yeah, the big cats of Germany no longer rule the battlefield.

I should have the poster up online shortly.
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormtrooper Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:13 pm

Tank Destroyer companies are Mechanised not Tank companies, unless the there is a exception made.
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post  Joyous_Oblivion Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:05 pm

Stormtrooper wrote:Tank Destroyer companies are Mechanised not Tank companies, unless the there is a exception made.

He didnt say it had to be Armoured lists, just armies composed entirely of 'tank' teams Smile

Joyous_Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post  CA$H Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:26 pm

Joyous_Oblivion wrote:
Stormtrooper wrote:Tank Destroyer companies are Mechanised not Tank companies, unless the there is a exception made.

He didnt say it had to be Armoured lists, just armies composed entirely of 'tank' teams Smile

Exactly - hence why the wording needs to be super clear........
CA$H
CA$H

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:46 pm

1 t-34/76
15 su-76m
4 su-122
5 is-2

its tank but can count as mechanized if i want it to Smile

the problem with tanks and 1 support choice is its hard to use all the points tanks don't generally have upgrades.
lothlann
lothlann

http://dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRescue Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:02 pm

PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

Post  RKelly Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:05 pm

I totally agree with you Matt, which is tough for me to say (insert winking smiley face here).

RKelly

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:47 pm

are bunkers armoured?
lothlann
lothlann

http://dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRescue Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:31 pm

Last edited by PhantomRescue on Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

Post  Joyous_Oblivion Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:51 pm

I wasn't being difficult Matty, just you initial post said Armoured only, not Armoured lists only. Since the TD list could be made with all Armoured models I figured it'd be ok.

Clearly saying its Armoured lists now is much simpler Smile

Now I wonder if I have enough tigers to try that list out, lol. Anyone have a spare Tiger 2 Wink

Joyous_Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRescue Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:12 am

Last edited by PhantomRescue on Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:12 pm

Sweet.  The stuff in red is crystal clear. Eccept yiu say combat platoons comprised of tank teams. Do you mean all platoons comprised of tank teams or just combat platoons? This means a panzer coy couldn't take a king tiger.. since the schwere pzr is a support platoon. Same with russisns wouldn't be able to tske is2

IL-2's are flying tanks.. so you could have air power and be a tsnk tee heee
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Thunderst Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thunderst

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:13 pm

Matt Varnish wrote:Sweet.  The stuff in red is crystal clear.   Eccept yiu say combat platoons comprised of tank teams.    Do you mean all platoons comprised of tank teams or just combat platoons?  This means a panzer coy couldn't take a king tiger.. since the schwere pzr is a support platoon.  Same with russisns wouldn't be able to tske is2

IL-2's are flying tanks.. so you could have air power and be a tsnk tee heee

Sounds about right: "Only one support platoon of the following: ARTILLERY, ANTI-TANK or AIR POWER"
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next