Dice Devils GC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forces of War

5 posters

Go down

Forces of War Empty Forces of War

Post  CA$H Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:03 pm

So it is official....

"Forces Of War!
For many years one of our play testers and proof readers Gregg Sitter has in his spare time been running Easy Army. He created it out of a personal desire to have a tool to manage his armies but it has grown so that many other people can now do the same. For those of you who don’t know this is a force building software package that helps you create and use army lists. When we gave Gregg the okay right at the start to do this we always assumed this would evolve into something more and now that time has come.

Easy Army is going to evolve into Forces of War. This will be an official FOW army builder that at its core uses Easy Army but now will have more features and graphics than ever before. We still have a little more work to do until we can show you the final version but our goal is to have it up and running before our next book, Barbarossa, is out in October. Stay tuned for more news as we will be showing you what it looks like and how it will work in the coming weeks.

~John Paul"

We'll see what the BF fee is that goes along with this.........
CA$H
CA$H

http://www.dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Forces of War Empty Re: Forces of War

Post  Twinlinked Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:07 pm

i hope its free..

:S

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:23 pm

Twinlinked wrote:i hope its free..

:S

A.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Oh man. Thats a good one. I am willing to pay the dollar or whatever per list, but I highly doubt BF will go this route.. as it is likely killing their book sales when folks go "Why buy the book, I can just Easyarmy it for a buck"

Guess that explains why the new books never made it to EA.
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  CA$H Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:46 pm

BF has made some odd choices recently.......it will be interesting to see how they chart their course in the months/years ahead.......
CA$H
CA$H

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike_A Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:50 pm

If they had a system where the book has a code to unlock it in easyarmy+ or whatever that would be alright, so you buy the book and gain access to this new thing. If it costs allot of money then there are other alternative websites so I would just use that. It's not even that hard to add up a list in a spreadsheet really, you just loose the super convenient to playing list of just the troops you are usings stats.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So it's interesting news but not that big of a deal. Well I already paid 2$ a book for God knows how many books on easy army, so if I lost access to that it would be a bit annoying. They also mention a 3.5-5.5% price increase on resin-metal things in the update.

Be pretty amusing if they want to charge 40$ a book for army building access or something hah.

Thanks;
Mike

Mike_A

Back to top Go down

Post  CA$H Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:07 pm

Mike_A wrote: Well I already paid 2$ a book for God knows how many books on easy army, so if I lost access to that it would be a bit annoying.
Thanks;
Mike

This!

It will be interesting to see if access is retained....
CA$H
CA$H

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:09 pm

I hope they don't go full GW on this --- the ease of playing around with EasyArmy made it much easier to play "what if" with lists.
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:20 pm

Diragi wrote:..EasyArmy made it much easier to play "what if" with lists.

and in turn possibly buy more units or start new armies, they may lose revenue directly but gain more revenue indirectly..

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down