Dice Devils GC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Armored Warfare (aka World of Tanks II)

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Armored Warfare (aka World of Tanks II) - Page 2 Empty Re: Armored Warfare (aka World of Tanks II)

Post  lothlann Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:33 pm

i anjoy AW more, it feels better, just a newer and better physics engine i guess. I haven't played either for a while though, i should log into aw and play a bit.
lothlann
lothlann

http://dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Armored Warfare (aka World of Tanks II) - Page 2 Empty Re: Armored Warfare (aka World of Tanks II)

Post  Twinlinked Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:36 pm

will give it another go Smile

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:27 pm

lothlann wrote:i anjoy AW more, it feels better, just a newer and better physics engine i guess. I haven't played either for a while though, i should log into aw and play a bit.

I think WoT is more "polished", the variety in vehicles is more pronounced (which is more interesting but obviously means that there are more balance issues) and the personal missions make it more compelling to play.

AW has much better artillery mechanics (lower alpha and warning for being targeted) and alpha is a lot lower(plus you get a warning when you are being targeted by AT guided missiles). Also has PvE and 5-man platoons. Also the upgrade path for tanks is much smoother -- while for WoT you are garbage for the first 1/3 of the grind and then smooth going for AW you have minor upgrades throughout the whole grind. The RPG element is hit more miss. Much more complicated armour schemes with ERA, etc.

Map sizes is a bit of a wash / AW has bigger maps and more accurate guns so combat is similar, just at further effective ranges. I think generally the maps in AW are better (in that the layout makes more sense) but there's also less of them in rotation. Vision mechanics I think are the same but not sure.

Last edited by Diragi on Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:31 pm

how does spoting woirk in AW is it better/ different from WoT?

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:44 pm

The spotting similar to WoT; your view range is modified by the targets camo range to determine the effective range.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Not in the next patch, but in the 0.7 patch players will briefly be able to see the tank that shot them. Note this is not a light for your entire team, only you will be able to see the vehicle that shot you and hopefully return fire before they disappear again.

Not sure about that ... but I have been able to shoot back at a tank because I could fire back at the autocannon tracers (WoT can't have tracers b/c of hacks)

really don't like the PVP in this game. It's pretty horrible. The vision mechanics are a mess, the maps encourage camping in back and you're way too vulnerable to your scouts being shit. Oh, and the arty? Still bad.
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:20 am

I've also seen a tank in the bushes but the red hud outline was not on it.. ie me crew hadn't sensed it but I could visually see the pixels of it and shoot at it.    Yeah arty is def way better mechanic in aw on both the giving and receiving end.   The reload times are way faster than the zeroing in time.. the splash dmg range is higher too.  I like the isometric arty view mode also..
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:11 pm

Also note that in AW there's no "gold" ammo.

Somewhat relavant as I find the current wot t10 meta is to run around around in T110e5s spamming heat at everything.
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:17 pm

Arty is definitely more interesting in AW because if the counter-battery mini game. In Wot that is possible but you have to explicitly look for tracers which is tough except for maps with known artillery locations. But you can use a mod to get the overhead view.

I do like how the alpha damage is lower but more uniform across the whole damage zone.
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:12 pm

Had a few more games..

Starting to like it,

I am "twinlinked" feel free to add me,

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:55 pm

Well seems like AW is trying to get their money by flooding the Prem tanks (which are basically regular tanks with better earning):

Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:57 pm

fine with me as long as i can keep playing for free and its fun..

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:01 pm

Same.  I'm f4antom ingame
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:46 pm

Den, I sent you a friend request I think..

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:14 pm

K ill check when I'm home and logged in.   I have up to some tier fours
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:01 am

I finally logged into AW to snag that T-59. Nice that it's a real premium and not a random tank like the T-62 Vet.
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:04 pm

Aight got me a tier 4.. Now I'm legit

Biggest complaint so far is the load times to get into games, queuing seems to take forever..

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:47 am

Pve has split the playerbase somewhat noticing. At lower tiers it's too easy to load up heat and go to town. Though I think AW is running with with the mode to make it harder.
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:20 am

I agree that PVE is a bit too easy..

I also don't like how any tanks can spawn tight inbfrontbif you, or worse begins you,

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:16 am

Pfft pve.  I never do it.. pvp is more fun.
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:24 am

Den, I agree,

PVE was fun to try, but I prefer PVP,

PVE could be fun if you had 6 guys all on Mike together.. Kinda like the old coop missions in battlefield,

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:17 pm

Yeah duane tristan and I did a few when we first started together.. but it was pve.. so fairly predictable.. but good to get the hang of the mechanics like spotting and so on before being throen into the live game.    Plus I love the maps in AW more than the WoT ones.
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:34 pm

Terrain in AW is pretty good, more modefiable.

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:16 am

anyone else playing much? i've been on for an hour or so a few nights a week lately

could be fun to platoon up

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:46 am

I tried, you were in vent and logged in, but must have been afk.   I played a few rounds then went back to painting Smile I have an M109, a 2S1 Gvozdika, a BMP-1, T-64.. and another Tier 4 I can't remember.. and ofc a tonne of Tier III and lower.
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:51 am

I have an OF-40 and a Swingfire

Focusing on getting enough credits to get the buy the Leo 1A5

I want a tier 5 so i can try the hard PVE missions,

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next