Dice Devils GC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Yankee Delayed

4 posters

Go down

Team Yankee Delayed Empty Team Yankee Delayed

Post  RKelly Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:55 pm

Randy doesn't expect his Team Yankee stuff till Tuesday. Might pick mine up in Petawawa next week.

RKelly

Back to top Go down

Team Yankee Delayed Empty Re: Team Yankee Delayed

Post  Glitch Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:56 pm

FDB figures they may get the Russians by Wednesday. Americans and Rulebook are in.
Glitch
Glitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:36 pm

Reading the book it appeard I need to rebase all my infantry
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitch Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:18 pm

What are the base sizes for units?
Glitch
Glitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Joyous_Oblivion Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:54 pm

Desert Rat wrote:What are the base sizes for units?

Well according to that battle thing on beasts of war they look identical. Maybe Den just means amount of figs per base?

Joyous_Oblivion

http://www.dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:15 am

For the US its fine.   For the Russians, the old method for UAR and North Vietnamese was much like british W2 infantry, where you would have two bases representing a full squad, and every second base has an RPG-7.  
So now, All the RPG-7s are on small bases (think like PIAT teams or Bazooka teams in FoW) and every regular infantry stand has RPG-18 guys (smaller RPG, all in the tube.. its in every single Battlefield game as the default soviet rocket launcher.. its even in GTA lol)  
Additionally, each medium base has a RPK LMG in it, which is fine, the models I have had the RPK in every other base that didn't have the RPG-7.  Lastly, the PKM HMGs are now all on one base.. a LARGE base.  I ofc don't have any PKM models.   Each Motor Rifle company above minimum has 2 bases of these guys.   Lastly, if I want to have the man portable AA14 missile dudes (optional purchase at least) I also need to base them all together on a LARGE base.   So a Soviet Motor Rifle company at full strength (which I aim to have) will have 10 medium bases, a bunch of small bases (RPG-7 teams) and 2 large bases full of PKM HMGs, and optionally 2 more large bases if I want the AA missile launcher guys.

Its not a huge deal.. but its more work for me to do, in that I will be ripping up perfect nicely based dudes.  Smile

Hmm.. You know what I have a tonne of? the big Heavy machine guns from the metal T-72s. Maybe I can make a bunch of gunner looking dudes and make tripods for those, 3 gunners 3 loaders on each large base. I'll have to check that out tonite!
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down