Dice Devils GC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Version 4 changes

+5
Glitch
Matt Varnish
Joyous_Oblivion
CA$H
Diragi
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Version 4 changes - Page 2 Empty Re: Version 4 changes

Post  CA$H Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:42 pm

Im down with that..but this thread is meant for V4 chatter...
CA$H
CA$H

http://www.dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:47 pm

Turkey is Nato as of 1952, the problem is you picked an independent nation that isn't part of warsaw or nato. But you could join the warsaw pact and invade threw your Turkish neighbors. At least that keeps it historical well as historical as ww3 can be in 1985.
lothlann
lothlann

http://dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:50 pm

CA$H wrote:Im down with that..but this thread is meant for V4 chatter...

Your the one who hi-jacked it by mentioning a campaign, which im totally for, we should make a new thread for it though.

So I posted on battlefront forum about this question, lets see what you guys think:

Just looking for clarification, i'm looking at the Finnish list from Grey Wolf. The Panssarikompania, it states that I can only have one unit of each t-37/76, t-34/85, t-28, and kv-1 per company.

Now with the new rules I understand that company is now replaced with formation, so if I take 2 formations of Panssarikompania then each formations can have one unit of the above listed tanks. So I could potentially run in one formation t-34/85 and kv-1 and the other formation t-34/85 and t-28s for example.

lothlann
lothlann

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:05 pm

Sounds in line with the new rules for formations because I think you can take as many formations as you want, it's only division support that is restricted, correct?

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  CA$H Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:13 pm

Twinlinked wrote:Sounds in line with the new rules for formations because I think you can take as many formations as you want, it's only division support that is restricted, correct?

A.
From my readying you are correct - you can run multiple companies/formations, but can only run divisional support units from ONE of the selected formations.
CA$H
CA$H

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:30 pm

yes, but i'm asking about the restriction on certain lists that they had for equipment. I just asking what a formation is exactly, its it a direct translation from company. For a different example. Let say a german panzer company, you can take up to 3 units of panzers as combat platoons, but only one of them can be panthers. Does that mean if i take 2 formations of that same company i can have 6 panzer units and 2 can be panthers.

I'm just curious because it would mean i could do a proper tank lists with fins that could be decent vs later model tanks. Basically it means i could take multiple formations and run units of t-34/85 and t-35/76. instead of having just 3 85s i could have 2 units of 3 in different formations.

The question is about companies "formations" internal restrictions. I would assume since each formations is a different company the internal restrictions wouldn't carry over to the other company.
lothlann
lothlann

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:04 pm

In the German example, I think you could take two units of Panthers, 1 in each company (formation)

The risk is that if you have two formations on the table o guess you are potentially more fragile.

There is a balance risk here though that I hope BF considered, the tanks may have been costed differently based on the fact that you could only have 1 unit.. but time will tell,

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitch Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:54 pm

lothlann wrote:... the problem is you picked an independent nation that isn't part of warsaw or nato. 
Just wanted to be special =P

But yeah, wasn't the Team Yankee Third World War kicked off by Iran or something?

Plus I actually have a very large BAOR army, so am still in theatre, but on NATO.
Glitch
Glitch

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRescue Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:45 am

lothlann wrote:yes, but i'm asking about the restriction on certain lists that they had for equipment. I just asking what a formation is exactly, its it a direct translation from company. For a different example. Let say a german panzer company, you can take up to 3 units of panzers as combat platoons, but only one of them can be panthers. Does that mean if i take 2 formations of that same company i can have 6 panzer units and 2 can be panthers.

Pretty sure this will be how it is.....not sure I will ever use 'Formations' in EW or LW at the moment, as everything comes out of the books with Company.
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

Post  CA$H Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:00 am

Thoughts on "book-keeping" in V4? How are people planning to track things like: Who blitzed? Who blitzed successfully? (modifiers to hit etc), How far did you move (Dash vs Tactical)? Can you assault? etc etc..

As this also applies to TY, just wondering how we as a group want to tackle it. I don't forsee BF tokens coming out for this, but it directly effects game play...
CA$H
CA$H

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:10 am

Hmm maybe someone should make custom tokens.. or already has ? Worth checking
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:08 pm

Do you think we need tokens?

And if so what types of tokens do we need?

- Dash
- failed blitz
- fired AA (required per team that has AA)
- Dug In (should have one per team in case some teams move)

What else?

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitch Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:37 pm

Follow Me (Can't shoot if used, also need one per team that moved, as teams that don't "Follow Me" in the platoon affected by the order can still shoot)

Do they still have non-assaulting teams?
Glitch
Glitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:09 pm

Twinlinked wrote:... the tanks may have been costed differently based on the fact that you could only have 1 unit.. but time will tell,

I don't think Flames does that kind of GW-style points costing.
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:22 pm

PhantomRescue wrote:
Pretty sure this will be how it is.....not sure I will ever use 'Formations' in EW or LW at the moment, as everything comes out of the books with Company.

The larger armies don't really need multiple formations, your divisional support is flushed out more, the smaller nations that have limited resources can really use them though, for example my finnish infantry, to make 1500-1750 pts i have to use almost every option at max in order to even get that high. It means i'm taking things like HMG, infantry with satchel charges, really crappy tanks that were historically put in reserve just to fill out the points, as where the big nations can just drop more tanks or better tanks.

With mutlipass I can take a full formation of tanks instead of just the one unit to support my infantry and artillery (which i had to take to kill tanks). 3 t-34s in late war doesn't really do much, yes they are fearless vets but only 3 tanks just cant stand up against 2 or 3 units of them which means i have to use more guns, which is fine, but its means i'm not mobile at all, as fins didn't have motor vehicles at all to move infantry around. (mind you infantry moves faster now)
lothlann
lothlann

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitch Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:37 pm

Though to be fair... The reason why you're limited as Finn's in terms of tanks, is cause the Finn's really did only have 4 T-34's and 2 KV-1's that they salvaged and got working...
Glitch
Glitch

Back to top Go down

Post  CA$H Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:50 pm

Glitch wrote:Though to be fair... The reason why you're limited as Finn's in terms of tanks, is cause the Finn's really did only have 4 T-34's and 2 KV-1's that they salvaged and got working...

Quoted for Truth
CA$H
CA$H

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:35 pm

ya but history is out the window, the fact that at an average tournament there is more tigers then there were manufactured during the war. Pershing everywhere.
lothlann
lothlann

Back to top Go down

Post  CA$H Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:46 pm

lothlann wrote:ya but history is out the window, the fact that at an average tournament there is more tigers then there were manufactured during the war. Pershing everywhere.
Then play 40k ;p

Or an army with armor options Smile

Poke poke at the bear Smile
CA$H
CA$H

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:02 pm

you don't think people are going to drop like 4 super pershings now that they can. probably not in our group, but people will, just cause they can. The on top of that take an aop formation to pull from their divisional support.

The best list would be like 4 Hetzer formations, like 50 of them driving around.
lothlann
lothlann

Back to top Go down

Post  CA$H Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:59 pm

Hence my desire for campaign/league play Wink
CA$H
CA$H

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:34 pm

Just find Generals that won't flip sides Wink
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:48 am

Diragi wrote:Just find Generals that won't flip sides Wink
For truth here. This is why the last one died.
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:22 am

Matt Varnish wrote:
Diragi wrote:Just find Generals that won't flip sides Wink
For truth here.  This is why the last one died.

Really? Lol..

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:55 pm

Yes, Matt was the general for a side then switched to try it his new army. Much like you ruining Kings of War with your Goblin Kings.. good thing I found a use for my Napoleonic french though Smile
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next