Dice Devils GC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

moar gaming

+5
Twinlinked
Diragi
RKelly
PhantomRescue
CA$H
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

moar gaming - Page 3 Empty Re: moar gaming

Post  lothlann Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:11 am

Luke is a little bitch, but he saw a little light in vader where there was very little and did all he could to bring him back, after defeating him in combat he threw away his light saber.

Then kylo shows a little dark and luke goes ape shit, its completely against his character to react that way. Kylo just needed more time outs he would have been fine, no internet access for a month or so would have set him straight.

I'll pick up the Armada campaign this week if i can find it, have a look threw, I believe it gives you starting forces for each side then you build onto that as you take over parts of the map.
lothlann
lothlann

http://dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:45 am

Alright so if we can find a host, and bcs Chris already bought all the armada stuff, Id like to play it. Dibs on the Imperials though, I have zero interest in being Rebel Scum Smile

We have the big cool looking deathstar background right?
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:20 am

ya i have one of the deathstar maps, i forget if its DS 1 or DS 2 it's been that long since we played.

I should get this one next 3'x3'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lothlann
lothlann

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:56 pm

no that one is retarded. Yes, lets cut out the middle of an entire planet. If a Death Star was ludicrous in logistics, this is 1000x worse Smile
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:42 pm

The death start was cool, it was just a big sphere of death slowly moving around the galaxy..

The death star planet, now that was silly,

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:29 pm

Picked up the Corellian conflict campaign, haven't looked at it much yet, ideally you need an even number of players, 2, 4, or 6. The games are set up so you can play 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3 and it also has rules for odd number teams. So as long as a few people can make it we can play it each week or each 2nd week. The basics are each person makes a 400 pt list, only one upgrade per ship to start, you upgrade your ships as they go on. Each player also picks a commander to represent them. Haven't read more then that yet but it seems interesting enough. I'll have to look into it some more as well as to get some more ships.
lothlann
lothlann

Back to top Go down

moar gaming - Page 3 Empty New FoW & TY Website

Post  Luggs Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:34 am

Hi Guys,

Long time since I waded into the discussion. Late yesterday I received an e mail that went out to the world essentially announcing the launch of a new website in support of FoW and TY. Here's the link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here's a synopsis of the site:

News – Articles, reviews, useful information regarding tournaments and organized play.
•Community – Battle Rankings’ forums: Discuss and share ideas and experiences.
•Gaming Resources – Finally, a single portal where Tournament Organizers and players can find community-created or official Battlefront Flames of War/Team Yankee supplemental materials. All those extra resources are in one place, on one site (this one).
•Rankings – the North America tournament tracking system.
•FAQ – Answers to common questions regarding Rankings purpose, structure, and scoring

I've been laying low of late for a few reasons. Job, personal health issues and down right dislike for battlefront of late and how they've managed to screw up v4 (at least in my mind). I've never really caught on to TY (although you might say I've lived it).

Things in Petawawa are very quiet at the moment, at least for FoW. Most of our members are operationally deployed which has left essentially just Louie and me. Some have been asking about Nationals this year. I haven't any info at the moment but will make a pit stop tonight at the shop and see if I can meet up with Louie and find out what's happening.

Most of you might not be aware but I have a very large collection of 15mm ACW....so if anyone is interested we might be able to set something up.

All the best/ Cheers

Bob

Luggs

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:59 am

Hey Bob,

Good to hear from the petshop boyz, i always enjoy driving up your way for events, the number of events has just dropped off of late,

Do you think there will be a MidWar tournament in Pet this winter/spring?

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Coyote Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:25 am

I've been debating whether I'll ever write for my own site again. I may write articles for DD instead since it appears to have a readership that my site lacks.

I'm interested in some group game. I enjoyed Saga but it didn't last very long which bummed me out.

I'm playing Guildball and am willing to demo it for anyone interested. I have 3 teams painted now.

Coyote

http://tyler.provick.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:43 am

i enjoyed Saga too, it was fun and quick, a lot like X wing in that regard,

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:12 pm

Hey Bob, longtime no see. I have a feeling you meant to post the Battleranking stuff in a different thread (as you replied internally to his one, no big deal) and the whole reasoning for BattleRankings and Joe moving it is bcs WWPD folded up shop. I know that some of the guys down in Toronto were looking to maybe grab the reins for Cdn Nationals at some point, a bunch of them were NOT happy with how the last one was set up, some told me straight up they wouldnt return. While I would hate to see Ottawa / Petawawa lose Cdn Nationals, I would much prefer it moving to Toronto or somewhere than just being folded up entirely. I guess that is a discussion to have with Louie and Dave @ Battlefront.

I've kinda made it a new years resolution if you will to just keep playing stuff I like, and hang out with my friends, even if its a system I dont particularly want to paint for. Like I posted elsewhere, these guys I know in the UK have gaming here and there like we do, except then set up a big "Club Game" once a month, where even if lets say I have zero interest in Great War (or I do, but just cant paint it all in time) I can still play so long as folks turn up with models. Ive always like naval and space combat, so thats why Lothlann's Armada seems like a no-brainer, since he has both sides and there is zero painting Smile You could perhaps adopt a similar strategy with Team Yankee?

As far as 15mm ACW, I have no interest in it, but maybe someone else can pipe up?

Anyways, hope to see you at some point Bob, as it seems this spring will be a no-go for the usual Flames Tournament due to everyone being in Latvia or wherever??
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Coyote Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:50 pm

Oh, and regarding Star Wars:

There has always been wacky gravity in space in star wars. All the dogfights are modeled (sometimes directly) on WWII dogfight footage so having a "bomber" dropping bombs like a WWII bomber makes perfect internal sense, as does the plunging fire witnessed during the protracted chase.

Even in Empire when they were exploring the asteroid it was not massive enough to generate the gravity seen.

As for why not jump in front of the rebels: Short jumps are difficult.
As for why not call in another fleet: Opportunity cost, we can assume that the rest of the First Order are off doing stuff.

Remember that as far as the First Order was concerned the destruction of the resistance fleet was inevitable. The slow chase is precisely the kind of sadism the First Order enjoys, plus over-confidence and arrogance are in character for them.

Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:15 pm

Or the movie could have been over before the credits were done.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The other thing is WTF was with the hyperspace into the ships with the MC80 they could have done that with the first ship that ran out of fuel, or to the first death star. What a waste of shit that part was. Why not just make a fleet of x-wings controlled by just droids and hyper drive 1 ship into each star destroyer they see. The resistance doesn't give a shit about droids, they only bothered to save 88 and c3p0 how about the other 100 droids on the ship. 88 is nothing special compared to all the other 88s for each x-wing, a-wing, b-wing.

The movie was garbage and he just did shit to fill in the blanks that make no sense.
lothlann
lothlann

Back to top Go down

Post  Coyote Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:50 pm

There is always a first time someone uses existing technology in a new way.

In Force Awakens Han demonstrates that you can bypass a planetary shield by leaving hyperspace within the shield.
In Last Jedi Holdo has read the report but hasn't had a chance to start thinking of the implications. There are a bunch of technical challenges like relative size. The space between a planetary shield and the surface of a planet is magnitudes more massive than any space ship. Maybe The Supremacy was just big enough that it was possible for Holdo to hit it, and Holdo was desperate enough to try it.

Now both sides know, so the next movie maybe the First Order creates manned hyperspace missiles and the Resistance tries it with droids.

Maybe it's not possible unless you're at least slightly force sensitive

Coyote

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3