Dice Devils GC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kings of War tournament - Saturday 3 October

+5
CA$H
PhantomRescue
Joyous_Oblivion
Matt Varnish
Twinlinked
9 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Kings of War tournament - Saturday 3 October - Page 4 Empty Re: Kings of War tournament - Saturday 3 October

Post  Twinlinked Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:32 am

Den brings up a good point about tables..

this is somehting i am not to sure on.. exactly how much terrain shoudl we have i was thinking a hi and maybe a forrest or two..

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Kings of War tournament - Saturday 3 October - Page 4 Empty Re: Kings of War tournament - Saturday 3 October

Post  Glitch Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:54 am

Do we still need terrain for a table? I won't have an army ready, but I'll loan my terrain for a table.
Glitch
Glitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:56 am

Desert.. I'll probably be out of town for that, so if you dont mind rocking the French,, I can lend you them.

Dennis
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:59 am

i don't think we need more terrain, there are lots of terrain pieces that will get brought to the event from FDB

i was thinking more about the amount of terrain we should have on the tables,

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRescue Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:51 pm

Not a lot.
I think the level that Tristan had and what you and I had the other night is plenty, rather some stuff to block LOS or move up and down a few levels, but 'twister' moves with bases balancing on stuff looks like shit for pictures and is even more annoying for game play. imo
Don't want the games to be slowed down I think, since in the end it's a get close and destroy the other guy kind of game, unless there are a lot of beardy shoo 'em up lists with flying turkeys and stuff.....
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

Post  Joyous_Oblivion Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:59 am

I'm signed up and paid for the event, who else has got their booked?

Joyous_Oblivion

http://www.dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CA$H Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:05 am

How late can we pre-register?
CA$H
CA$H

Back to top Go down

Post  Joyous_Oblivion Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:26 am

No clue. If hazard a guess to be the day before the event but I wouldn't chance it.

Joyous_Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:07 am

You should be able to get the prerwg rate until October,

I will confirm the date

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:00 pm

a big thanks to those who made it out,

Congrats to

David for getting best overall
Will for best general,
and our very own Marty for getting best sport,

Will is thinking of running a tourney or two of KoW in the next few months,

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitch Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:38 pm

Whoooo!!! How many players showed up and of course... Pictures?
Glitch
Glitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Joyous_Oblivion Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:40 pm

Turn out was a bit of a let down (5 people showed up) but with Andrew jumping in to help round us out we still got to play 4 more games of this system and I think everybody had a good time. Even had a player from Stratford playing with us!

Results were (due to defaults)

Best Overall (Officially): Andrew and his Goblins
Best Overall (since he couldn't actually win): Dave and his Lizardmen
Best General: Will Paul

Best Sport/Last guy who stayed to the end/default: Me, lol with Dwarfs

I got to face Skaven, Lizardmen, Kingdom of Men and Goblins, so a nice mix and match!

Will Paul plans to transition his bimonthly fantasy tournaments into Kings of War events as he's happy with how the game plays.

I only took a few pics mainly because the tables were 'meh' looking. Thats the main thing I miss from Flames of War Games, awesome tables!

Thanks to Andrew for taking the initiative for this and running it. Too bad mantic let us down with prizes, but FDB stepped up and helped out.

Joyous_Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitch Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:45 pm

It's a start, so no worries about it being small. I'll definitely jump in when I get my Macedonians built (probably not till after Christmas). And if the community is generally happy with it, it'll start to grow as long as we push it.

Everyone had a good time though?
Glitch
Glitch

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRescue Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:15 am

Pretty good day for me, 1-1-1 record, happy with a win against Dennis. Got lucky with 'Lumpy', he's the elemental that just wouldn't die. Thanks Andrew, I hope it drums up interest, I think 10+ is a strong possibility next time. 1000 points seems good too, for the size of the playing surfaces I thought terrain was OK. I'd play in the next one.
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:27 am

I tried to keep terrain simple for this event .ostly because I'm not sure how much is good,

Mantic has been slow getting out the tournament pack, here hoping when it comes out here will be more guidance on how tourneys should be run,

You can also use chess clocks for KoW, but I don't think we are there yet..

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:40 am

what? Will Paul got best general? would have never guessed. Glad it was a success, just waiting on mine.
lothlann
lothlann

http://dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitch Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:20 am

As said, in an interview early on in KoW v.1, Alessio mentioned that he expressly designed the game so it could accommodate play with a chess clock. I do actually have a chess clock that wasn't too terribly expensive ($40), we can try it out to see if it works and explore it as a path in the future.
Glitch
Glitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Joyous_Oblivion Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:51 pm

lothlann wrote:what? Will Paul got best general? would have never guessed. Glad it was a success, just waiting on mine.

Well it was him or me so it wasn't exactly crazy odds...

Joyous_Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:16 pm

Because all dice rolling is done by the active player it would work well with timed turns like WMH but I also didn't see much of a time issue at our event yesterday,

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRescue Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:35 pm

Twinlinked wrote:I tried to keep terrain simple for this event .ostly because I'm not sure how much is good,

Mantic has been slow getting out the tournament pack, here hoping when it comes out here will be more guidance on how tourneys should be run,

You can also use chess clocks for KoW, but I don't think we are there yet..

Don't think chess clocks are required at all for this game, it's too one sided if one person has more actual dice to roll. Like yesterday, my five vs. his 30 dice. Obviously it's going to take him longer to do it all. Movement is so fast as well, it's not like there is much to do. I think it went great and hope there are more in the future. Talked to a few guys in Petawawa and they would be interested as well.
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4