Dice Devils GC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worth the read....

4 posters

Go down

Worth the read.... Empty Worth the read....

Post  CA$H Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:01 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"I’ve got bad news for disenchanted gamers complaining on the Internet. The company’s attitude towards customers is as clinical as its attitude towards staff. If you don’t like what it’s selling. You’re not a customer. The company believes only a fraction of the population are potential hobbyists, and it’s not interested in the others."
CA$H
CA$H

http://www.dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Worth the read.... Empty Re: Worth the read....

Post  Twinlinked Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:49 am

interesting read..

I have three take always:

1. Games Workshop has a plan and that plan is to make money by selling models to people, not people that want to play games. in other words the rules and the gaming is a means to an end which is "selling more models".

2. I think this is a great plan and a great idea for them, and more importantly i wish them the best, but it solidifies what i have felt for quite a while. GW Games aren't for me cause GW does care that i am a gamer. I will keep my models becuase they are cool, but i will spend my money elsewhere for now.

3. The rise of KoW v2 is very apprapo and the fact that irt appears to be replacing WHFB in the American tourney circuit is i think a good thing for the world of table top gaming.

definitely an interesting read.

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRescue Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:13 pm

F Games Doucheshop

Happy with the way Kings plays....unless I play Andrew's monster list.
Talking to you guys, I wonder how you had any fun playing that stuff.
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:36 pm

PhantomRescue wrote:F Games Doucheshop

it was a great game and a great community back in the days of 4-5th ed Warhammer 40k,

The fact that the GW corporate folks openly say they dont care about gamers, is too bad but its not like 20 years ago there are plenty of other big fish in the sea now Smile KoW (up and coming), FoW, X wing, Warmachine, etc.

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:30 pm

"It does not mention games. In conversation, I’m told that the word “Game” in Games Workshop encourages the misconception that games are its business, but that only about 20% of Games Workshop’s customers are gamers. The rest are modellers and collectors. Maybe half of them think about playing now and then. The other half have no intention. People actually walk into the stores because they’re curious about modelling fantastic armies"

This has been their mantra for years -- the Games part of Games Workshop has left the building a long time ago.

Also; I'm pretty sure they consider people to buy stuff and put at the back of the closet 'collectors'. I would consider people buying all of these miniatures but not actually using them to be a failure of the ruleset / game but what do I know...
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:39 pm

PhantomRescue wrote:F Games Doucheshop

Unfortunately the stuff we are talking about is GW from 15+ years ago Sad

True, the models were pretty asstastic compared to what is available today but their products oozed background, self-referential / pop-culture humour... just plain stupidly fun (but in a beers in your basement sort of way, not a 10-year old yelling WAAAAAH sort of way).
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down