Dice Devils GC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

**MUST READ FOR ALL THOSE ATTENDING FOW CDN NATIONALS**

+3
Twinlinked
lothlann
PhantomRescue
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

**MUST READ FOR ALL THOSE ATTENDING FOW CDN NATIONALS** Empty **MUST READ FOR ALL THOSE ATTENDING FOW CDN NATIONALS**

Post  PhantomRescue Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:30 pm

From Dave on the BF Forum after a few posts by Dennis and myself trying to get some more concrete answers.....

OK Gents,
Things just got real active here, the three issues I have noted need to be answered:

1. Attacker/defender - I like it so we will use Able Kompanie's approach from GenCon:

We used the following point values for each type of Force:
Tanks = 3pts
Mech = 2pts.
Infantry= 1pt
Fortified=0pts.

Players add up the total points for all their Formations and then divide by the number of Formations. The player with the lowest number is the defender. So, for example, A player with a Mech/Infantry Multi-Formation would have a point value of 1.5 while a player with a Tank Formation would have a point value of 3. As it turned out we only had one player with a multi-Formation List so we really ended up with the V3 Tanks attack Mech & Mech attacks Infantry. It all seemed to work out fine.

2. Win Conditions :
Under usual Nationals rules, we do not use updates/lists/books that are less than 30 old so everyone can be sure to be on the same page. However, these are some rules I believe will help resolve games and smooth gameplay. I leave it to you, the players of the Nationals. You MUST contact me directly at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with your vote by MONDAY Aug 28th. I will post the final call on Monday morning when I come into work to give everyone the maximum amount of time to adjust.

3. Annihilation Mission : Although not my first choice of mission, I would not rule it out as a possibility

NO BATTLE PLANS, this is not an issue, all players need to play the same mission at the same time.

So, I suggest if you want to have a say in the biggest Nationals Flames of War Tournament in North America (hopefully more than the 36 in the US), you email Dave and let him know what you want to see as far as WIN/LOSS conditions. If you haven't read the new ones and are too lazy to look them up, then do us a favor and don't bother 'voting'.
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

**MUST READ FOR ALL THOSE ATTENDING FOW CDN NATIONALS** Empty Re: **MUST READ FOR ALL THOSE ATTENDING FOW CDN NATIONALS**

Post  Matt Varnish Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:01 am

Already did vote and submit lists. Ill be hosed.. always attack with new win conditions. Oh well...
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

**MUST READ FOR ALL THOSE ATTENDING FOW CDN NATIONALS** Empty Re: **MUST READ FOR ALL THOSE ATTENDING FOW CDN NATIONALS**

Post  PhantomRescue Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:45 pm

Posted By Dave at Battlefront on 28 Aug 2017 10:03 AM
The answers I received were unanimous in wanting to use the new victory conditions as put down by Phil in the thread. We will be using those.

Better start reading kids....if you don't know them, I would update your missions by getting them off the BF website. I'm sure they will be explained before the day begins and it's not that big a deal. Just glad to have a decision before this weekend is huge.
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:04 pm

lol so they picked victory conditions after the lists are submitted. That is a fairly big change to the rules from what I saw, good luck attacking with infantry and being within the distance not to lose.
lothlann
lothlann

http://dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRescue Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:28 pm

lothlann wrote:lol so they picked victory conditions after the lists are submitted. That is a fairly big change to the rules from what I saw, good luck attacking with infantry and being within the distance not to lose.

I believe because we are already being strapped in with three points levels and 6 games, this change has ZERO percent of making someone really care what they are bringing in order for the change. Read the text on the new mission print outs and I think it's a very small wording issue in order to fix all the draws they were having. Bottom line is you can't send one team in at a time every turn in order to keep the game going, you either try to win or you just sit there and hand the game over to your opponent.
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:38 pm

I haven't played the new stuff, but watching your game the new rules mixed with the new capture point rules makes it a pain for the attacker, you almost have to design the list to be the attacker. I know with my fins i'd have a hard time. The multi points levels also just complicated things. Oh well i'm sure it will be a fun event, wish i could have made i this year.
lothlann
lothlann

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:28 pm

Hmm, I don't really understand, I downloaded the missions from the website, and compared to the book and the victory conditions seem the same.

What am I missing?

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:34 pm

Disregard, I figured it out,

It seems the pack I downloaded from the FoW website was not the latest pack.. love it..

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:30 pm

Andrew is Team Yankee still going on Friday? Anyone else doing it?
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:37 pm

Team Yankee is on Friday,

A few people replied saying they would play,

I will be there with 75 points,

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:34 pm

Ok what time? I have to go home.. meet up with matt then come back in with my team yankee army but id lime to have an idea of whays going on and whether Motley Lou will get all bitter at us moving not-his tables again ))
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:00 pm

I plan to be there round 6 or so, I will play a game or two and then head out before 10pm,

Louis wants the table moving left to a minimum, but as long as we put everything back when we are done we should be good,

A

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Varnish Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:52 pm

holy crap MORE NEW PROPOSED RULES changes for EW and LW

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Points reduction of unit cost if they had redundant models (SMG command teams, gun battery HQ, etc)

Aircraft cannon effectiveness went down, bomb AT went up

Rockets no longer use the super FP rating in the rulebook, they were too good

Deep Reserves changes

HUGE Russian changes...

And a rule I wish would come to Team Yankee: Unit leader of a transport platoon has to be within 6 inches of its Inf unit at the end of the movement phase...
Matt Varnish
Matt Varnish

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:03 pm

So if the books get reissued will they be called v4.1 or v5? Neutral
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRescue Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:14 pm

LOL

Exactly Duaner. Once they finish fucking around with everything, they might have a decent game.....eventually.
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:20 pm

I like the rules, they all seem pretty reasonable, the rebate is a good idea, artillery units are really hurt by not having a command stand to use as a spotter..

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  CA$H Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:37 pm

So it's official - V4 was half-baked based on a TY recipe.....

We all suspected based on what came out, now Battlefront are confirming it. I appreciate they are acting to improve things. It reinforces my notion to back off and give it time to cook...

I'm keen on this :

At the start of November we will see the updated Team Yankee rulebook and new starter set “Hammerfall” release. It will be followed by Stripes (US forces in Team Yankee) which will be released in late November along with part 2 of our Firestorm Campaign.

Apart from TY - I don't see BF getting much game from me for a while yet..

I'm finding 40k is feeling like a warm blanket, like home almost...familiar yet new. Loving it so far. Hope the tournament is fun - keep the posts about rule updates coming - I suspect there will be many more Wink
CA$H
CA$H

http://www.dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:43 pm

Tristan, no TY tommorow night for you?

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:45 pm

Battlegroup anyone?
lothlann
lothlann

Back to top Go down

Post  CA$H Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:03 pm

GOOD LUCK LADS
CA$H
CA$H

http://www.dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RKelly Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:25 pm

Thanks. I need it.

RKelly

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:13 pm

So the real question must be asked... did Den order something other than a Bud Light Lime Saturday?
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:16 pm

Was a good tourney overall,

Three 'mercans finished top 3 again..

I think I need to play alot more before next year, we're looking at Mid War so that will be interesting..

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Diragi Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:16 am

i think this can be unpinned...
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  Twinlinked Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:27 am

boo, i was excited for FOW NATs info..

A.

Twinlinked

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next