Dice Devils GC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May Madness Armoured Discussion

+7
RKelly
Matt Varnish
PhantomRescue
CA$H
Thunderst
Stormtrooper
Joyous_Oblivion
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

May Madness Armoured Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: May Madness Armoured Discussion

Post  Panzerkommanduer Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:36 pm

Ya, your right. That screws the Baltic Panthers list XD

I need those Stugs to fill the FOC haha.

The more I try and find a list that works the harder this gets, I really dont wanna be the KT guy, but I got a feelin it'll be the order of the day  Rolling Eyes 

KT and Rudel it is!

Panzerkommanduer

Back to top Go down

May Madness Armoured Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: May Madness Armoured Discussion

Post  Diragi Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:38 pm

lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Diragi
Diragi

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzerkommanduer Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:24 pm

So whats the call? Is anyone in touch with Matt?

A few guys have bought forces and aren't sure they are legal now.

Panzerkommanduer

Back to top Go down

Post  Joyous_Oblivion Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:02 am

I'm kind of hoping it gets more clear too. I know Matt knows exactly what he wants it's just hard to communicate that I think.

Honestly I think it should just be 'must take an Armoured list' nothing else. Gets confusing fast.

I say we all just bring a handful of German heavies and call it a day. Don't see much else being effective with all the restrictions in place. 3 rounds of KTs on KTs, lol.

Joyous_Oblivion

http://www.dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:47 pm

i havent even signed up yet...
lothlann
lothlann

http://dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRescue Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:38 pm

Panzerkommanduer wrote:So whats the call? Is anyone in touch with Matt?

A few guys have bought forces and aren't sure they are legal now.

There's really no issue here on my end if someone shows up with a messed up force, you mentioned before about the Stug's being an assault gun. Yeah, but it has treads and a gun and its completely armored. It's a TANK....you want to take Stug's take Stugs. Does it say ASSAULT GUN COMPANY?? Pretty sure it's a TANK company, therefore go nuts, bring them out!

At this point, there is too much confusion on something that should really have none, take a Tank Company, have everything be a TANK, not a tank team.....a unit, represented by a model, that's a TANK...............and then ONE of any other platoon you want. There has also been NO contact from any individuals directly to me with any direct questions and it's not like there has not been enough noticed. I announced this event nearly TWO months ago......TANKS, TANK HUNTERS, ASSAULT GUNS....they fit the mold. Self propelled artillery and self propelled infantry guns do not, but you can take them as your ONE other platoon if you want.

If anyone is really trying to sneak something in just because I didn't say this or didn't say that or it wasn't 'clear' enough. They'll be stuck with their TANK models and whatever else they brought will sit on their tray and never see the event table. How anyone is still 'confused' at this point blows my mind, stop reading into it and show up with tank models and you will be fine.
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzerkommanduer Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:22 pm

Alright, That answers my question. My list had Planes and Pumas, I need to drop the Pumas.

Panzerkommanduer

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRescue Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:17 pm

Panzerkommanduer wrote:Alright, That answers my question. My list had Planes and Pumas, I need to drop the Pumas.

Yes sir, only one other platoon and aircraft counts as that other one. I would think planes would be better suited than pumas.......
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzerkommanduer Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:34 pm

I hadn't read the scenarios very well, I thought ambush denial was going to be crucial to not dying.

objectives are live on the first turn in all the scenarios though  Rolling Eyes

Panzerkommanduer

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRescue Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:14 am

Panzerkommanduer wrote:I hadn't read the scenarios very well, I thought ambush denial was going to be crucial to not dying.

objectives are live on the first turn in all the scenarios though  Rolling Eyes

Don't worry about that my fine Wermacht friend........I have plans for all scenarios to ensure balanced and fair game play. Wouldn't be much point if FAST tanks were up against slow tanks and all hell broke loose now would it?? That's all I am going to elaborate on and I look forward to seeing you and some of the other Pet guys soon!
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

Post  CA$H Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:34 am

PhantomRescue wrote:
Don't worry about that my fine Wermacht friend........I have plans for all scenarios to ensure balanced and fair game play. Wouldn't be much point if FAST tanks were up against slow tanks and all hell broke loose now would it?? That's all I am going to elaborate on and I look forward to seeing you and some of the other Pet guys soon!

Am I right in taking that to mean you are changing up the set scenarios to take away the benefits light/fast tanks have? Those benefits/drawbacks are taken into account by the points Battlefront has assigned to them. If you "slow" them down, to avoid "all hell" breaking loose, then you are promoting an advantage to the heavy, slow tanks.

If someone wants to run all light/fast tanks, then they have to play with the advantages (objective rushes) and disadvantages (light armor, weaker AT). Same goes for BIg Cat players, they are slower and hit harder.

Adding rules or changing scenarios to counter this innate difference, in my personal opinion, is a really bad idea. Far be it from me tell you how to run your event, but you are asking for people to complain/not enjoy it.

For example, I bring my Cromwells. The only hope in Hell I have in winning(against heavy tanks) is if I can pull off an objective rush early - turn 1 or 2. If the scenarios are changes or modified to discourage this, I'm fucked.

Or let's say I bring Panthers and KTs - what fun it it shooting at fast tanks that aren't fast?!?! Or where is the joy in just trading shots with other Panthers, and seeing who rolls 1s and 2s first???

Can you please clarify what you mean?? If what I suspect is planned is going to happen count me out.

Cheers,
CA$H
CA$H

Back to top Go down

Post  Joyous_Oblivion Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:24 pm

I'll echo Tristan here. Please clarify exactly what you mean. I don't want special rules or scenarios nerfing light tanks or what not. This tourney already has a bunch of special restrictions. We should at the very least know all these planned rules ahead of time.

Joyous_Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post  lothlann Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:26 pm

i'm just going to bring a fortified army.
lothlann
lothlann

http://dicedevils.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RKelly Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:46 pm

Have to agree with Tristan. It will be interesting to see what lists people come up with to solve the puzzle and then see what kind of list wins in the end. Let people bring what they want within the rules and let the shell casings fall where they may.

RKelly

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomRescue Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:06 am

I forgot to post a response, I just meant the missions may change, not all of them but one of them I listed I think is the wrong one I was thinking of. Tristan is just trying to help me cover all the bases with his unbiased point of view to aide me in running a good event.
PhantomRescue
PhantomRescue

Back to top Go down

Post  CA$H Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:29 am

PhantomRescue wrote:I forgot to post a response, I just meant the missions may change, not all of them but one of them I listed I think is the wrong one I was thinking of. Tristan is just trying to help me cover all the bases with his unbiased point of view to aide me in running a good event.

Perfect Matt - thank you. So NO special rules or scenario changes/modifications.

Cool!

Last edited by CA$H on Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
CA$H
CA$H

Back to top Go down

Post  Thunderst Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:56 am

and i'm out. not because of any funny rule stuff. I just can't get the day off.

Thunderst

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzerkommanduer Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:59 am

But ive already been practicing Hasty Attack Rolling Eyes 

Seriously though, Thanks for putting up with us Matt.

Panzerkommanduer

Back to top Go down

Post  Joyous_Oblivion Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:23 pm

Matt never played 40k and dealt with the more...extreme side of gamers, lol.

I'm sure we'll get this all sorted out and it will be a great tourney.

Joyous_Oblivion

Back to top Go down

Post  RKelly Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:26 pm

PhantomRescue wrote:I forgot to post a response, I just meant the missions may change, not all of them but one of them I listed I think is the wrong one I was thinking of. Tristan is just trying to help me cover all the bases with his unbiased point of view to aide me in running a good event.

have you finalized the missions?

RKelly

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2